George to sign for another year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

George to sign for another year

Post by cpwigan »

Today's Wigan Observer
Kittwazzer

Re: George to sign for another year

Post by Kittwazzer »

I've just had a message that he has now signed! :)
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

still one of, if not the best centre in the league.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

It's on twitter as well.

Great news. Just Hoffman to stay for one more year and the club to announce shaun wane as coach and we'll all be happy!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AdamMac wrote:It's on twitter as well.

Great news. Just Hoffman to stay for one more year and the club to announce shaun wane as coach and we'll all be happy!
That is exactly what I say, especially about Shaun Wane :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

Whoopee!!!!!!!!!! Good lad George - delighted :D
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors announce that Centre George Carmont has signed a new One-Year Contract with the Club for the 2012 season. George's current deal was due to end after the current campaign.

Speaking about the deal, Chairman Ian Lenagan said:

"We are absolutely delighted that George is to stay with us for another year. He has been in outstanding form recently and has been a tremendous signing for this Club.

"I approached George a month or so ago about the possibility of him staying on with us and he went away to think about it. He spoke to his family, friends and fellow players and he decided he would like to play on for another 12 months which is great news."

George Carmont added:

"I was approached by the Chairman a while ago and he asked me if I could play for another year.

"I had considered hanging my boots up at the end of the current campaign and returning home but after a lot of thought and talking to a few people I decided it was the right decision to stay another year.

"I love the game and am looking forward to the rest of this season and 2012 with the Wigan Warriors."

George Carmont Stats
Age 33
DOB 30/6/78

Wigan 2011 P21 12 tries 48pts
Wigan Career P 115 53 tries 212pts

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Again, the Official site is way behind everybody else :( just been posted on there!!!
CasWigan

George signs for 2012

Post by CasWigan »

Just read the great news on Warriors website that George Carmont has signed a 12 month contract for 2012. What a fantastic boost for us. We all wish him well for his extended stay. Been one of the best buys we have made from Australia.
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

absolutely great news. the best centre in SL since he came into the competiton and adds great experience to the team. bet Paaat is happy to have him inside his wing for another year aswell