Leeds Rhinos

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
gpartin

Leeds Rhinos

Post by gpartin »

I know there's a thread about RFL disciplinary and another which touches on the treatment Leeds get but I started another thread because, although similar, is a specific issue.

Having seen Leeds at the weekend, watching them against us and also seeing the highlights of their Bradford a few weeks ago there is an alarming trend growing that the RFL seem to be doing nothing about, fighting. In the Bradford game Diskin was targeted and there were two brawls involving most of the Leeds players running in and even jumping over the top to try get involved. This was repeated against us with the penalty Sam took quickly which resulted in Coley's ban and again at the weekend it all kicked off as soon as it was clear the game was lost. Considering the number of bans we've had despite not being a dirty team I wondered if anyone has got the stats for the number of cards/bans each team has had and if anyone can remember seeing a Leeds game when it doesn't kick off?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Wigan_forever1985

Re: Leeds Rhinos

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

As soon as leeds start losing they start fighting they are a scum bag team full of absolute scumbags
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Petulant cheats - they always have been, always will be.

The only reason they have got away with it was they were good enough to win; their ugly side has always reared it's head when they have been losing. Their time in the sun appears to have passed and so they have reverted to how they used to play before they were champions.

With Senior leaving and Buderus looking likely to go home, the remaining players are starting to look shop worn. Throw in the most clueless coach since Cullen and things do not look good for the whinos.

Long may their demise continue, I never liked them, their fans or their chairman
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

gpartin wrote:I know there's a thread about RFL disciplinary and another which touches on the treatment Leeds get but I started another thread because, although similar, is a specific issue.

Having seen Leeds at the weekend, watching them against us and also seeing the highlights of their Bradford a few weeks ago there is an alarming trend growing that the RFL seem to be doing nothing about, fighting. In the Bradford game Diskin was targeted and there were two brawls involving most of the Leeds players running in and even jumping over the top to try get involved. This was repeated against us with the penalty Sam took quickly which resulted in Coley's ban and again at the weekend it all kicked off as soon as it was clear the game was lost. Considering the number of bans we've had despite not being a dirty team I wondered if anyone has got the stats for the number of cards/bans each team has had and if anyone can remember seeing a Leeds game when it doesn't kick off?
Leeds have always had a team of wrestlers, they were the same when Mozzer was there...in fact they were worse under the coach they had when they played us in the first Grand Final..forgot his name... Fleary and Farrell and James Lowes etc...bloody barm pots the lot of them.