Gasnier Retires

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Gasnier Retires

Post by cpwigan »

Wes

Re: Gasnier Retires

Post by Wes »

No we dont need him, and dont forget Bennett has took Boyd!
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

This is a real shame. He's one of my favourite ever players, even though he's not been quite the same since coming back from RU. That shimmy and away on the outside, the great pace for a big guy and flick passes inside and out, brilliant. Remeber telling my mum to watch him close at the WCC as we probably wouldn't see him again.

Would have loved to have seen him at Wigan, particularly in the mid 2000's when he was at his best.
jobo

Post by jobo »

Honest bloke. I'd be gutted though if he played for us.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Didn't he once almost sign for Wigan before?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Yes he did, Maurice Lindsay tried to get him but he turned us down, not sure the reason but it was his lost :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Fantastic player.I am glad however that he is not considering a move to us. As a player who loses the desire to play is no use nor ornament.We want players committed to Wigan.Not players who are just here for the bucks or because they do not command a place in the nrl.Though not the case here. :D
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

josie andrews wrote:Yes he did, Maurice Lindsay tried to get him but he turned us down, not sure the reason but it was his lost :wink:
And don't mention the fiasco with Wendell Sailor...uughhh!!
:eusa17: :eusa17:
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

They were trying to sign him when they got Vaeliki. To be fair i'd seen Vaeliki play for Parramatta and was quite excited about him coming to Wigan but it never worked out. Think he had an injury and never looked like the same player. Gasnier had too many rep opportunities ahead of him to come over here.
jao711

gasnier

Post by jao711 »

mark gasnier to retire at end of season,also bulldogs ceo to visit GB to interview mick potter,nathan brown,and terry matterson
see smh.com sydney morning herald.
don't get too excited as he has 3 years left on his contract.