Mr Noble gets a taste of his own medicine??

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Re: Mr Noble gets a taste of his own medicine??

Post by Kittwazzer »

DaveO wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Hetherington strikes me as being in the Whelan/Lindsay mould!
Giver over. You are giving him far too much credit.

For all his faults Lindsay was the man behind the SL itself and before that gave us a very good decade.

Hetherington is a far more dangerous character IMO
Agree with that Dave but they were both renowned for wanting a say in team selection which should be the sole domain of the coach!
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/index.html

Brian Noble complaining about the lack of opportunities for English coaches. He basically says that any young up and coming coaches are going to be well miffed and might not bother continuing in the game due to the predominance of Antipodean coaches in the SL.

I wonder how many English youths he peed off the game by signing also ran Aussie players and not giving them a chance???
Lol, fixed you link jobo :)
Thanks again. One day I'll figure it out and then remember what I figured out. :o :o
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/index.html

Brian Noble complaining about the lack of opportunities for English coaches. He basically says that any young up and coming coaches are going to be well miffed and might not bother continuing in the game due to the predominance of Antipodean coaches in the SL.

I wonder how many English youths he peed off the game by signing also ran Aussie players and not giving them a chance???
Lol, fixed you link jobo :)
Thanks again. One day I'll figure it out and then remember what I figured out. :o :o
Just click on the URL button just below the subject line, copy & paste your link, click the URL button again. Voila! :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I think URL button is only available if you are on a computer. Most people tend to post via moble phone! :D
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:
josie andrews wrote: Lol, fixed you link jobo :)
Just click on the URL button just below the subject line, copy & paste your link, click the URL button again. Voila! :)
TVM. works too!!! :D :D
Wes

Post by Wes »

Key differences between ourselves and the Aussies in the coaching set up is simple and obvious!

Our guys finish playing then go to a club as an assistant then after 2 or 3 years want to be the head honcho and take over.

Ausies finish playing then go to a club as an assistant some times a few clubs but they are assistants for around 10-12 years before they take over as head honcho.

If I am correct I think Anderson at Hudds is in the lead for years served as an assistant so far in our up and coming crop of coaches.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I still think nationality has a lot to do with it but from a simple mentality stance.

One of the reason the Aussies always beat us i truely believe is not down to skill levels alone its mentality, in short they are bred to win, we are bred to "take part"

i think Bill Bailey summed it up quite well in his part troll tour, cant remember the exact quote but it was along the lines of

"I'm English and as such I crave disappointment... it's not the winning; it's the taking part. Or actually, it's not the taking part; it's the sense of futile despair"

We live in a country were 2nd place is not only acceptable but its rewarded as much as winning, we are too bothered about upsetting people than getting the job done, too worried about discriminating to actually pick the best for the job.

The Aussie's have no such quarms they are winners, they expect to win and if they dont win they wanna know why they hell they didnt win, having injuries or conditions that dont suit are not adequate excuses.

Winning is everything over there, and that will have a profound effect on you as an individual and how you approach life, and if your message is winning is everything then people listening will believe it too. I have heard many a story about English coaches being too nicey nicey with the players Noble springs to mind for a start. Aussies tend to disregard rank or statue and as such command respect.

Face it the english are a country or losers, we are pathetic in our attitude toward sports, we dont push people enough we just pretend that taking part is enough, its not, winning is everything, fact!.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I still think nationality has a lot to do with it but from a simple mentality stance.

One of the reason the Aussies always beat us i truely believe is not down to skill levels alone its mentality, in short they are bred to win, we are bred to "take part"

i think Bill Bailey summed it up quite well in his part troll tour, cant remember the exact quote but it was along the lines of

"I'm English and as such I crave disappointment... it's not the winning; it's the taking part. Or actually, it's not the taking part; it's the sense of futile despair"

We live in a country were 2nd place is not only acceptable but its rewarded as much as winning, we are too bothered about upsetting people than getting the job done, too worried about discriminating to actually pick the best for the job.

The Aussie's have no such quarms they are winners, they expect to win and if they dont win they wanna know why they hell they didnt win, having injuries or conditions that dont suit are not adequate excuses.

Winning is everything over there, and that will have a profound effect on you as an individual and how you approach life, and if your message is winning is everything then people listening will believe it too. I have heard many a story about English coaches being too nicey nicey with the players Noble springs to mind for a start. Aussies tend to disregard rank or statue and as such command respect.

Face it the english are a country or losers, we are pathetic in our attitude toward sports, we dont push people enough we just pretend that taking part is enough, its not, winning is everything, fact!.
:eusa2:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:I think URL button is only available if you are on a computer. Most people tend to post via moble phone! :D
Do they really ?? :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I think URL button is only available if you are on a computer. Most people tend to post via moble phone! :D
Do they really ?? :exc:
Probably both to be fair!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett