Mr Noble gets a taste of his own medicine??

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wes

Re: Mr Noble gets a taste of his own medicine??

Post by Wes »

The weak never win! :wink:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Unless you live in britian :o
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

I was told that Australia routinely test and measure children to assess which sport will suit them best according to physique, stamina, muscle type etc. They then focus all that childs sporting activity at school in that chosen area.
This results in the child being great at sport from an early age.
It also results in a very high teenage suicide rate because of the pressure that is put on these kids to win at all costs.
So from that point of view, I think we have it right.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

exile in Tiger country wrote:I was told that Australia routinely test and measure children to assess which sport will suit them best according to physique, stamina, muscle type etc. They then focus all that childs sporting activity at school in that chosen area.
This results in the child being great at sport from an early age.
It also results in a very high teenage suicide rate because of the pressure that is put on these kids to win at all costs.
So from that point of view, I think we have it right.
Maybe thats one extreme and we are the other we should aim for the middle ground IMO.

I genuinely fear for the future of our sporting teams, may sound silly but things like have no winners at sports day, what motivation does it give you to push hard and succeed?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

If Brussels has their way there won't even be an England flag or team. Apparently they want every shirt in every sport to bear the EU logo & fly the EU flag

We will definitely lose our identity then.

Lets get out of Europe, well the EU, & be Great Britain again :) :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

josie andrews wrote:If Brussels has their way there won't even be an England flag or team. Apparently they want every shirt in every sport to bear the EU logo & fly the EU flag

:eusa17:
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

I was with Madge yesterday and his wife told me that he had recently had a go at her for telling their daughter that "it was the taking part that counts".
He said it was something you will never hear him say.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:If Brussels has their way there won't even be an England flag or team. Apparently they want every shirt in every sport to bear the EU logo & fly the EU flag

:eusa17:
What??
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I think URL button is only available if you are on a computer. Most people tend to post via moble phone! :D
Do they really ?? :exc:
can't remember the last time I turned my computer on.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gpartin wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:I think URL button is only available if you are on a computer. Most people tend to post via moble phone! :D
Do they really ?? :exc:
can't remember the last time I turned my computer on.
You don't turn your phone on to reply to texts either :wink: