Your team V Dire??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Kiwiseddon

Your team V Dire??

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Given the inclusion of Cross and the Hock hatrick, what's your squad against the Wolves?

For me it's:

1. Sam T
2. Josh Charnley
3. Joel T
4. George (obviously)
5. Paaaaaaaat
6. Deacs
7. Finch
8. Lima
9. Mickey Mac
10. Mossop
11. Hoffman
12. H
13. Lockers

Subs:

Lulu
Coley
Cross
Hock

I think the 13 picks itself but the subs are difficult. For me we have to have 4 props and I cannot leave Lulu or Hock out. Nothing against Preccy, who's the obvious exclusion, I just reckon Cross might have something to prove and might be a bit more wiley.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
TonyH

Re: Your team V Dire??

Post by TonyH »

1. Sam Tomkins
2. Josh Charnley
3. Joel Tomkins
4. George Carmont
5. Pat Richards
6. Brett Finch
7. Tommy Lueluai
8. Jeff Lima
9. Michael McIlorum
10. Lee Mossop
11. Harrison Hansen
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Sean O'Loughlin

14. Paul Deacon
15. Gaz Hock
16. Andy Coley
17. Ben Cross

Last season we used to blow teams away in the first twenty and then seem to just hang on, the past few weeks I've noticed we have played it nice and controlled in the first half then in the second half when Tommy moves to 9 we start exploding from the play the ball and playing the ball at such a pace that teams can't cope, which is why i think Madge will go with macca from the start and bring Deacs on when Tommy moves to 9.
Up The Mont!
sheepsteeth

Post by sheepsteeth »

1. Sam
2. Charnley
3. Joel
4. Carmont
5. Richards
6. Finch
7. Deacon
8. Lima
9. Mcilorum
10. Coley
11. Hoffman
12. H
13. Lockers

14. Lulu
15. Hock
16. Cross
17. Mossop

I think Mossop has been great this year i just think the extra biff Coley will give in the first 15-20 will be key. We've seen Wire trying to dominate teams up front early doors.
That's also why i would start Mickey Mac, a bit like Madge did in the GF.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Sam
Josh
Joel
George
Pat
Finch
Deacon
Lima
Tommy
Mossop
Hoff
Hansen
Lockers

Coley
Cross
Hock
Faz

Tommy plays 80 at hooker. McILorum misses out as our attack seems to suffer when he's on. Great in defence but this year I really thought he would kick on from that fantastic GF performance but sadly, he's not. I also think that we could rotate our forwards and give them hard, sharp burts and really give it to the Wire pack.
Mrs Lifter

Post by Mrs Lifter »

Sam
Charnley
Joel
George
Pat
Finch
Deacon
Lima
Tommy
Coley
Hoffman
H
Lockers

Micky Mac
Hock
Cross
Mossop

I much prefer Tommy at hooker but when their massive nasty thuggish forwards clatter deacon he will need to go off Tommy will drop in at half and mickey go in at hooker.
Tommy has to start there because he is less predictable then mac and that will confuse dopey Boll***s Westwood we need an early lead they dont like being behind early and then try to hard and make mistakes.
Wes

Post by Wes »

1 Sam
2 Josh
3 Joel
4 George
5 Pat
6 Finch
7 Deacon
8 Coley
9 Tommy
10 Cross
11 H
12 Hoff
13 Lockers

14 Mickey Mac
15 Lima
16 Mossop
17 Hock
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

29wes28 wrote:1 Sam
2 Josh
3 Joel
4 George
5 Pat
6 Finch
7 Deacon
8 Coley
9 Tommy
10 Cross
11 H
12 Hoff
13 Lockers

14 Mickey Mac
15 Lima
16 Mossop
17 Hock
Wes, Cross? Hmmmmmm! Interesting! Lol :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Wes

Post by Wes »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
2 Josh
3 Joel
4 George
5 Pat
6 Finch
7 Deacon
8 Coley
9 Tommy
10 Cross
11 H
12 Hoff
13 Lockers

14 Mickey Mac
15 Lima
16 Mossop
17 Hock
Read my other post, Iv said I will wipe the slate clean, going back in time I still wouldnt have signed him however now we have him we may as well get our monys worth, plus I would wind his key and have him bubbling all week then game day just keep saing 2 names to him, Morley, Westwood!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

29wes28 wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
2 Josh
3 Joel
4 George
5 Pat
6 Finch
7 Deacon
8 Coley
9 Tommy
10 Cross
11 H
12 Hoff
13 Lockers

14 Mickey Mac
15 Lima
16 Mossop
17 Hock
Read my other post, Iv said I will wipe the slate clean, going back in time I still wouldnt have signed him however now we have him we may as well get our monys worth, plus I would wind his key and have him bubbling all week then game day just keep saing 2 names to him, Morley, Westwood!
I was only winding you up mate and having a bit of fun!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I think it was impossible to say how Cross would go prior to the Wakey game. I knew nothing about him other than he was way down the pecking order at Leeds before his release.
What's nice is that regardless of our preconceptions, he went out and had a very solid 30-40 mins. There is no way the prop I saw playing in cherry and white is a worse player than Ryan Bailey!
He's here now and will certainly add a bit of biff to our front row. He's only here for a few games so i think we use him as a battering ram to smash up some opposition and if he gets injured, hey ho, nothing really lost.
It was also nice to see how he responded to the fans against Wakey. He has obviously felt out of sorts at Leeds and I reckon he's got quite a bit to prove in these remaining few games.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."