Impact on the team.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior till i die

Impact on the team.

Post by warrior till i die »

Who do you think will have a big impact on the team in 2005? I personally think Jerry SeuSeu because he is a big no nonsense prop. Who do you think?
ancient and loyal upon my chest
they are men of wigans best
a team that playyyyyyed the wigan way
and won the championship in may

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring
a team that playyyyyed the wigan way

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!

in 85, at wem ber ley
john ferguson and brett kenny
a team that played the wigan way
and won the challenge cup in may

in 95 we won them all
tuigamala, faz and paul

Ancient and loyal upon my chest
and won the championship in may.
DaveO

Re: Impact on the team.

Post by DaveO »

I have high hopes for all the new players.

While I don't think Moran is in the same class as Lam he is not far behind but we have to remember Lam was unfit for the best part of last season so having a fit top class scrum half is a boost.

Both Davico and SeuSeu look like they mean it an all our props were injured last season at some time including Smith (how he carried on I don't know - what a legend). Farrell had to play up front so now he gets to let the props do it for at least some of the season.

And as for the V man well we have needed a strike centre who can break the line ever since Renouf left and now we have one.

We ars still going to need to be lucky on the injury front but if we are I reckon we are stronger than last year simply because we ought to have some fit players who are quality. Lets not forget having Carney back is also like a new signing.

I guess what I am trying to say is the team is more than the sum of the parts.

I reckon a lot of fans have written Wigan off because they look at individual players and say (for example) SeuSeu is not as good as Smith but forget how far we went with a lot of young kids and players playing out of position.

I am optomistic all four additions are going to give us a platform to surprise a few people.

Dave
wolftown warrior

Post by wolftown warrior »

moran is gonna be fantastic... right from the off.. trust me..
he is as close to lam as we could have got.. he was my fave non wigan player for a number of years.. good to see him in the cherry and white..

looking at the guys photos on the wigan.rl site, Seu Seu look one mean MF... just what we want!!! i like the the build of the guy..

saw davico a few times on sky sports last season.. & he looks a decent forward.. the only guy i havent really seen is the V man..

i think all the off season signings were very good...

05.. is gonna be good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Moran and Vaealiki I hope, we need more penatration and these guys will give it us. Moran will play a diferent game to Lam, and Vaealiki will create more out wide than Aspinwall Wild or Hodgson did. the forwards are prety much the same as last season, Davico is a similar player to Tex except he has a good offload, and Seuseu is pretty similar to Craig Smith. Godwin will offer more to us than Mark Smith did I feel aswel
mario

Post by mario »

And as for the V man well we have needed a strike centre who can break the line ever since Renouf left and now we have one.

dave o
Don't expect much from Vaeliki,but i hope he's better than Renouf!
ChrisA

Post by ChrisA »

Renouf is the best centre we have had at Wigan in the last 6 or 7 seasons. And dont even dare say that Aspinwall, Hodgson, Brown etc are just as good, even Renouf at the end of his career wast 5 times the player all those are. If you want to look at a waste of money, look at Ainscough, he is 1 player who I was dead against signing.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

mario posted:

dave o
Don't expect much from Vaeliki,but i hope he's better than Renouf!
I am not quite sure what you are on about here but Renouf was definately a top class centre and as ChrisA says miles better then what we have had since. Ainscough was a joke as a centre. If he had been played as a wing maybe he would have done OK but we didn't need at wing at that time.

Mr. V will be the first genuine centre of ability we have played in that position since Renouf left.

Dave
pedro

Post by pedro »

Dont think V' will be a huge impact although he will be very, very reliable and sloid. Think Seu-Seu will be the biggest impact if he can stay on the right side of the disciplinary board :D
mario

Post by mario »

ChrisA posted:
Renouf is the best centre we have had at Wigan in the last 6 or 7 seasons. And dont even dare say that Aspinwall, Hodgson, Brown etc are just as good, even Renouf at the end of his career wast 5 times the player all those are. If you want to look at a waste of money, look at Ainscough, he is 1 player who I was dead against signing.
He had hints of brilliance as with the try against Bradford, but for me he was overall not worth bringing.Could never see what people saw in him. perhaps he was living on reputation as Orr did last season.
warrior till i die

Post by warrior till i die »

'perhaps he was living on reputation as Orr did last season.'

Well danny orr and lam started to lift wigan midway through the season.The downfall of him was the hamstring injury witch never seemed to cure.I hope he has a bigger impact this year because i feel he is one of the best so's in the country.
ancient and loyal upon my chest

jim sullivan he was the king
brian mctigueee and jonny ring

when eric ashton was alive
with billy boston by his side
dave bolton and billy blan
oh what a time to be a fan!