MORLEY BLOW FOR WARRINGTON

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

MORLEY BLOW FOR WARRINGTON

Post by josie andrews »

Warrington will go into their biggest game of the season without captain Adrian Morley, who is struggling with double vision.

The England prop has been forced to sit out the last three engage Super League games after picking up the injury in the Wolves' 35-28 win over St Helens on June 24 and coach Tony Smith says the club are unable to put a date on his return.

Warrington take on champions Wigan in the quarter-finals of the Carnegie Challenge Cup on Saturday at the Halliwell Jones Stadium but Smith insists he will take no chances with the 34-year-old.

"We're not going to take any risks, no matter what sort of match we're in," he said.

"People's health and safety and well-being and life after rugby league are much more important than any game of rugby league.

"Moz understands that. It's hard for a warrior like him because he just wants to get out there and play but he's got to take care of the other side of his life as well.

"He feels he's getting closer but we'll take our time with Moz."

Morley has recovered from the initial concussion and tests have cleared him of any nerve damage.

Smith added: "It's not just concussion, it's more to do with the controlling muscles of the eye which have had a little bit of bruising.

"It's a bit like having a dead leg in a muscle. It just needs time to repair in order to function best again.

"It's on the improve and we've got him seeing the best people in the country."

Warrington's Australian back Matt King has passed the mandatory head test after being concussed in Saturday's 54-24 win over Harlequins but there is a doubt over loose forward Ben Harrison, who missed that match after suffering a groin strain in the warm-up.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ngton.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: MORLEY BLOW FOR WARRINGTON

Post by josie andrews »

Can someone go & give Briers a good hiding please & give him double vision :sly:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jobo

Post by jobo »

It's a shame as in a game like this you want to see the best players on for both sides. Having said that, from a selfish point of view, I'm glad he's out as he usually puts in a top performance against us.

Hope it isn't too serious though and well done Smith for not risking him. Too many club coaches and chairmen put pressure on players to come back too soon, especially in big games.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:It's a shame as in a game like this you want to see the best players on for both sides. Having said that, from a selfish point of view, I'm glad he's out as he usually puts in a top performance against us.

Hope it isn't too serious though and well done Smith for not risking him. Too many club coaches and chairmen put pressure on players to come back too soon, especially in big games.
:eusa2: :eusa2:
warrior1989

Post by warrior1989 »

I hope briers gets smashed the ugly fat rat ! :lol1:
jobo

Post by jobo »

warrior1989 wrote:I hope briers gets smashed the ugly fat rat ! :lol1:
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Can you imagine if we have an unassailable lead with 5 mins left and the crowd kicks of with “We're gonna Wembley, we're gonna Wembley, You're not!” :lol:
OJ

Post by OJ »

Regardless of who he plays for (even Dire) I hope he is ok as anything wrong with your sight must be the pits. Still not convinced it isn't bullpoo but we shall see. Briers is just sooooooo popular isn't he :) suppose he is as much of an irritant to us as Sam is to them just that Briers isn't as good as Sam
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

OJ wrote:Regardless of who he plays for (even Dire) I hope he is ok as anything wrong with your sight must be the pits. Still not convinced it isn't bullpoo but we shall see. Briers is just sooooooo popular isn't he :) suppose he is as much of an irritant to us as Sam is to them just that Briers isn't as good as Sam
Yeah OJ, I hope his sight is ok & just a temporary thing.

I've always liked Morley, a hard player & wished he had come to us when he returned from the Chooks :)
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

He runs in harder than most forwards (or did in his prime)
& seems like a decent bloke.
Hope his sight is back to normal soon.
I would not be surprised to see a miraculous recovery for Saturday, but I truly wish him all the best.

Health wise that is.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09