Wigan Observer - Epalahame Lauaki

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Wigan Observer - Epalahame Lauaki

Post by cpwigan »

The Wigan Observer is running a story in today's ed saying we are very interested in Epalahame Lauaki of Hull
Wes

Re: Wigan Observer - Epalahame Lauaki

Post by Wes »

Good prop, enforcer too BUT if hes to replace Coley Id like a like4like replacement, unless Mossop and Lima to start him and Stuey to interchange with and we have Preccy and OCarroll if he can stay injury free.

How old is he?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wes

Post by Wes »

Thats a very nice age for a forward!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Total thug! Don't want him.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

The Hoff

Post by The Hoff »

This has to be the worst rumour ever, ill be devestated if we sign him.

I dont want to be THAT person that says 'lets play the kids' etc but surely Crosby and Davies are better options than that guy?

Players like Lima Hoffman Finch Pat Carmont and Tommy are overseas players who we should be signing, Lauaki is nowhere near that standard, and its those types of players that are making the British game worse.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Out an out prop. It would seem Davies is going to be released given we are even allowing him to become cup tied by playing for Cas. I personally see him as very easy to get wound up and thuggish but maybe somebody else sees something in him and we should remember players like Neil Cowie came from the lower divisions whilst Kel Skerrett was hardly Mr Nice Guy for Bradford or for us.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

The main things I remember about Luaki are him sitting a Saints forward (may be the ginger whinger, can't recall) on his backside in the foggy game, and Rob Burrow trying to chin him in a fracas during a game.
Not a great forward, gives away a huge number of penalties playing for Hull, god alone knows what sort of attention he would attract if he played for us.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

This guy is a penalty machine. As with alot of the south sea islanders, he has the power, size and speed to be a very effective player but most of them are too aggressive for their own good and become a liability. Might be worth a punt though, in a dominant team and under a very good coach (whoever it may be)his flaws may be softened and he could be useful.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Control his temper down the right channel and I could see a very good forward in Lauaki.
He can be extremely destructive both in attack and defence.
No comparrison with Hoffman, but maybe worth a go.