Gale blow for Harlequins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Gale blow for Harlequins

Post by josie andrews »

Bradford have completed the signing of Harlequins' leading scorer Luke Gale on a two-year contract.

The 23-year-old half-back has been in outstanding form for the Stoop-based club, registering 160 points this season.

However Leeds-born Gale will return to Yorkshire next year after agreeing terms with the Bulls.

"Luke is a player we have had our eye on for some time and I am delighted he has chosen to join us," said Bulls coach Mick Potter.

Massive

"He can run the team around the park, has a great kicking game and will be a great addition to our squad for the next two years."

Gale joined Harlequins in 2009 after spells at the Leeds academy and Doncaster, where he won National League Two Young Player of the Year for 2008

And Gale, who has made 68 appearances for the Londoners, said: "Bradford Bulls are a massive club and I'm really looking forward to joining them.

"I had three years at Harlequins and thought it was the right time to move. I'm looking forward to the chance of playing in front of so many fans.

"That's what rugby is all about and if you can't play in front of 10,000 people then you shouldn't be in the game. Hopefully I can help them fight for that top-eight slot."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 95,00.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Re: Gale blow for Harlequins

Post by Wes »

How many half backs to Bradford want?

Good signing though!