Hull City's Adam Pearson takes charge of Hull FC

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull City's Adam Pearson takes charge of Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC have been bought by Hull City's head of football operations Adam Pearson, reports BBC Radio Humberside.

Pearson, 46, has confirmed that he has bought the Black and Whites in a deal completed within the past 24 hours which gives him 100% sole ownership.

But he insists that the deal would not affect his role with Hull FC's co-tenants at the KC Stadium.

"It is quite within my remit and my ability to be able to own a business and manage another one," said Pearson.

"The guys operating the club are doing a really good job, it just needs that little bit extra."

Pearson, who made his first unsuccessful attempt to take over Hull FC nine years ago, has been associated with the Tigers since leaving his post as Leeds United commercial director to become City chairman in 2001.

He then sold the club in June 2007, before becoming executive chairman with Derby County later that same year. But he returned to the KC Stadium, which both sides share, in November 2009.

Now Pearson, who has in the past been linked with takeover bids at several other football clubs, including Leeds United and Huddersfield Town, has taken over City's co-tenants.

Although a figure of between £2m to £3m has been speculated, Pearson would not say how much he had paid for the club by purchasing the entire shareholding from the previous shareholders.

It brings to an end 12 years of control by a five-strong board of directors, led by chairwoman Kath Hetherington, although Pearson will leave the day-to-day running of the club to James Rule who will remain in his post as chief executive.

It cost a significant amount of money

"It cost a significant amount of money," he told BBC Radio Humberside. "And there are obviously more funds to go into the club.

"I think it can be driven to higher things. I think it should be up there with the very biggest Super League franchises.

"We need to bring in one or two top players and try to push on. We've got some good targets in mind to bring in.

"I would like to thank the outgoing board under Kath Hetherington and the RFL for the professional and confidential manner in which they handled this change of ownership."

Hull FC chief executive Rule added, in an official club statement: "This is a new chapter for the club and one that I am very excited about. Adam Pearson has a proven track record in sport and a real passion for our city."

Pearson takes over at a time when Hull are preparing for their biggest game of the season on Sunday - at home to Leeds in the Challenge Cup quarter-final.

They also currently stand eighth in Super League with five games left, just a point ahead of neighbours Hull KR in the battle for a top eight finish.

Meanwhile, Hull's Tongan prop forward Sam Moa has signed a new contract for 2012 after agonising over the decision for two months.

The 25-year-old former Cronulla and Wests Tigers forward was out of contract at the end of this season but has committed himself to a fourth year at the KC Stadium.

"It wasn't an easy decision to make," said Moa, whose partner was forced to return to Australia earlier in the year due to work commitments. "I had to think long and hard about my situation and my family and it was a tough call.

Hull now have no room left on either their overseas quota or non-federation trained player list.

And Moa's decision to stay therefore means an end-of-season exit for fellow Tongan forward Epalahame Lauaki, who has been linked with a move to Wigan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 247712.stm
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Hull City's Adam Pearson takes charge of Hull FC

Post by josie andrews »

Well that's one cancer cut out of SL, we just need someone to oust the other bugger at Leeds :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

THE most interesting part (not included in your article Josie :wink: )
However, Pearson did have a word of warning regarding the club's financial position saying ongoing tax issues concerning players' image rights was a "major challenge".

He said the prohibition of employee benefit trusts, into which such payments have in the past been made, had "left the club with a very significant potential tax liability".
More clubs to follow I wonder?
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Good luck Hull. We know how successful it can be having the same fella owning a footbal club and a SL club in the same stadium.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Would love to see the black and white hoardes being massive again. Fill their top tier weekly.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame