Wakefield in Crusaders out

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
BriH

Wakefield in Crusaders out

Post by BriH »

Just seen it on Sky.
So no Halifax.
It will be interesting to see why Wak was preferred over Halifax?
stevethegas

Re: Wakefield in Crusaders out

Post by stevethegas »

Either it wasn't stated, or I didn't pick it up, but I don't know at what stage Wrexham withdrew. But then neither did Keith Senior and he is not a happy man.
However much as I like the idea of a team in Wales, they weren't quite at the races yet, even if they were at the Racecourse Ground!
That said I always suspected that it was going to be Wakey that lost out, and I remain unconvinced that they are as viable an outfit as Halifax. John Kear must be sitting down with a very stiff drink and plotting the weekend's action - at Wrexham! While our opponents at Wembley in 1988 must be seriously disappointed, and I think they have a point.
Was there lack of courage at the RFL? Time may or may not tell.

Whatever, the licensing system has given Rugby League a kick up the bum and standards, facilities and players are improving everywhere. Presently it's most obvious in the top flight, but there are signs of trickle down to the other divisions. Long may it continue and foster our great game.
Stevethegas