Jarrod Sammut/Vince Mellars

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
lancaster4499

Jarrod Sammut/Vince Mellars

Post by lancaster4499 »

what do people think of wigan going for these 2 players from crusaders, With Deacon retiring at the end of the season and the hoff going home this would free up Joel to move back into the 2nd row with mellars coming into the centre! i think sammut has the potental to be a very good player, he is very quick and takes the ball to the line very effective he has a good passing and kicking game!
Mellars remind me of Chicken George, he is very strong athletic and a aggressive player! he maybe a left sided centre but he would be an ideal replacement when carmont does hang up his boots

what do people think?
"To be the man you have to beat the man"

cpwigan

Re: Jarrod Sammut/Vince Mellars

Post by cpwigan »

Would not touch either with a barge pole
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Dont think they are consistent enough
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I think they look like big fish, cause they're in a little pond
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

For me, Crusaders was a place you move to, not from!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Joe Mellor is probably better than Sammut now and he's not even in our first team.

I'll seeyour Vince Mellars and raise you Josh Charnley, Darrell Goulding and now a full time cetre: Joel Tomkins.

Don't need or want either. In fact there areonly 2 players in Super League I would like to see in a Wigan shirt but we don't neccessarily need them and they are Rangi Chase and Scott Grix.
Up The Mont!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Think Sammut has an attitude problem and quite often runs out of rattles to throw out the pram .
2002 and EW is hooked
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Not for me, sorry!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Bradford Bulls sign Crusaders half-back Jarrod Sammut

Post by josie andrews »

Bradford Bulls have signed half-back Jarrod Sammut from Crusaders.

The 24-year-old Australian moves from the troubled Welsh side to Odsal on a one-year deal from next season.

Bulls coach Mick Potter told BBC Radio Leeds: "He's a player that can win matches and that can play numerous positions.

"He'll come up with an extraordinary play, sometimes he'll over do it, but he's got exceptional speed and very good vision."

Potter also revealed that the deal to bring Sammut to West Yorkshire was done before the decision by Crusaders on Tuesday to withdraw their Super League application.

"He was a little bit distracted and had contact with his manager before, and it was fortuitous that he was allowed to talk to other clubs if he saw fit," said Potter.

"There's stability here and perhaps that was missing at Crusaders given that they moved from one place to another and didn't really have a secure facility.

"He was a little bit flighty and it's good that we've got a stable facility and environment here. The club is rock-solid and we've got some good people here."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 321974.stm
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Re: Bradford Bulls sign Crusaders half-back Jarrod Sammut

Post by Wes »

The way Bradford are going they will playing 13 halfbacks lol how many do they want to sign!