Waterhouse on big money at Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Waterhouse on big money at Saints

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 1hyni.html
The Herald was told that Civoniceva was on about $400,000 per season, while St Helens-bound backrower Trent Waterhouse's contract is worth about $350,000 per season.
There is no way IMO that Waterhouse is going to sign for less than 250k per season
AdamMac

Re: Waterhouse on big money at Saints

Post by AdamMac »

Waterhouse has signed for Warrington hasn't he?
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

Yes, they signed him when they didn't get Puletua. He'll be on mega money then.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Well how the are Wire able to pay him and stay in the cap
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

They've let Anderson go and i guess another lower profile guy will leave to fit him in?
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

King is going!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

+ Ratchford
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

If King was on as much as he was rumoured to be his wages will cover Waterhouses, Ratchford (over rated) probably won't be on as much as Anderson and I know they've got players like higham who do a reasonable job or them on peanuts so can't see it being an issue. I'm sure warrington are on a fiddle but people tend to forget the Jon Clarke type player who won't be on a great deal. If they have any sense they'll have players like Briers and Morley on a pay by match basis because they are injury prone. We have a bigger squad than Warrington
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Apparently and this is from wire fans who are of reasonable mind haha. Jon Clarke is on a big wage ie one of the top earners, as he was offered a ridiculous contact by Paul Cullen before he was sacked. He was PC's golden boy.

I don't think King could be on what was rumoured. I don't think any of the clubs who are chasing trophies can afford to pay one man 250k plus. It makes the squad to lob sided in terms of wage structures.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Morley is playing for Salford next season then joining the coaching staff. Got to be true because he denied it himself! :)