Squad for Hull FC game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wiggydoran

Squad for Hull FC game

Post by wiggydoran »

Wigan Warriors Head Coach Michael Maguire has today named his 19 man squad for Friday's Engage Super League game at the KC Stadium against Hull FC, 8pm kick off.

Paul Prescott picked up a slight hamstring injury in the win over Warrington in the Carnegie Challenge Cup and is left out of the squad while second row forward Harrison Hansen is rested. Stuart Fielden has been ruled out for the season with a pectoral injury.

Wigan Warriors 19 Man Squad

Sam Tomkins, George Carmont, Pat Richards, Paul Deacon, Thomas Leuluai, Michael McIlorum, Andy Coley, Joel Tomkins, Sean O'Loughlin, Jeff Lima, Ryan Hoffman, Brett Finch, Lee Mossop, Liam Farrell, Stefan Marsh, Josh Charnley, Jach Hughes, Gareth Hock, Ben Cross.

Referee is Ben Thaler

From wiganrl.com
wiggydoran

Re: Squad for Hull FC game

Post by wiggydoran »

I think madge will go with Cross in for prescott and Farrel to start with Hoff in 2nd row.

Hock to come off bench with Mossop, Cross and Mike Mac.

Hughes and marsh to miss out.

I would expect the starting 13 to be:

Sam, Josh, Joel, George, pat, Finch, Decs, Lima, Tommy, Coley, Farrel, Hoff, Lockers.

Fernando Player

Post by Fernando Player »

I'd like to see Marsh get a run out, I think he's had a couple of pretty good games for us. Maybe Marsh in for Cross?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Farrell is definetly starting and Hock is on the bench.

The shout for Marsh is not a bad one. I am so happy Madge is resting H and IMO the rests that players like George had pre Wire paid off big time. You can use what technology/computer programmes you want but ageing players mentally benefit from rest and no computer tells you about the 'heart' of a player to raise and push their game etc.
Fernando Player

Post by Fernando Player »

Is Goulding injured or still dropped?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Still injured
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Would like to have seen Joe Mellor get a run out here with Deacs rested.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Lets not go into this game and take a win for granted. Hull gave us a good game last time out and will be looking to push us all the way again. Still confident mind :D
Susi

Post by Susi »

agree C W i have said all along this season we will slip up at what we think is a win match.
Hull on there day are good and at home.
Think wigan may now have minds elsewhere and while distracred we may slip up. however i really hope not.
Wes

Post by Wes »

There is a steely determination in our camp and we will be fielding a very strong team, Hull are a good team but they are in a rut and are struggling to score, I think we have scored over 30 points in our last 6 games, we will win tonight with good determination, one thing is for sure MM seems to have gotten rid of the easy game gene that teams can have.

Keep the faith 2011 we will have 3 pieces of silver to add to the cabinets!