Rangi Chase in court in Oz

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kittwazzer

Rangi Chase in court in Oz

Post by Kittwazzer »

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/s ... om-Oz.html

CASTLEFORD TIGERS coach Terry Matterson has been rocked by the news outstanding Kiwi half-back Rangi Chase must go to Australia next week for a court appearance.

In-form stand-off Chase, 25, is hoping to fly into Sydney and get back to England in time for Sunday week's Challenge Cup semi-final with Leeds Rhinos at the Keepmoat Stadium.

It is hardly ideal preparation for Matterson's squad with a million-pound payday and a trip to Wembley on Saturday, August 27 awaiting the winners.

A Cas insider said: "Leeds will be rubbing their hands as Rangi is clearly a match winner and we need him in our side."

CASTLEFORD have another problem to solve after Shane Miller - agent for the promising teenage hooker Daryl Clark - returned from Down Under with two more clubs after his client.

Sydney Roosters and Parramatta Eels have joined four Super League clubs in chasing the 18-year-old.

Miller claims Clarke has been denied a new deal by Cas.

Shaun1967

Rangi Chase

Post by Shaun1967 »

Strong rumour going around Cas at the moment that the Australian Supreme Court have summoned Rangi Chase to appear in regards to an assault case. It is said that he may not be able to leave the country for a while and may miss next weeks semi.
Can't find any links confirming this at the moment, but it was rife around 'The Coliseum' this afternoon.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
OJ

Re: Rangi Chase

Post by OJ »

Something on WishFM this afternoon but I only switched on as they were finishing talking about it and missed the main discussion. I got the impression they were saying things about him not being allowed back into the country for the final but don't take that as gospel because I did only hear a bit
http://www.superleaguefans.com/castlefo ... -race.html
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

OJ. I started a thread on this a few days ago!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... om-Oz.html

CASTLEFORD TIGERS coach Terry Matterson has been rocked by the news outstanding Kiwi half-back Rangi Chase must go to Australia next week for a court appearance.

In-form stand-off Chase, 25, is hoping to fly into Sydney and get back to England in time for Sunday week's Challenge Cup semi-final with Leeds Rhinos at the Keepmoat Stadium.
It is hardly ideal preparation for Matterson's squad with a million-pound payday and a trip to Wembley on Saturday, August 27 awaiting the winners.

A Cas insider said: "Leeds will be rubbing their hands as Rangi is clearly a match winner and we need him in our side."

CASTLEFORD have another problem to solve after Shane Miller - agent for the promising teenage hooker Daryl Clark - returned from Down Under with two more clubs after his client.

Sydney Roosters and Parramatta Eels have joined four Super League clubs in chasing the 18-year-old.

Miller claims Clarke has been denied a new deal by Cas.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Sorry, only just seen second thread, merged - Josie
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

Kittwazzer wrote:OJ. I started a thread on this a few days ago!

I thought I had read it on here somewhere - sorry didn't mean to interfere and was just replying to Shaun1967
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Shaun1967

Re: Rangi Chase in court in Oz

Post by Shaun1967 »

Apologies. I hadn't seen the original post.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Cas fans were hoping he'd be back for Sunday. I'd doubt that. If you summon someone from the other side of the world, it won't be to settle a parking ticket!
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

Kittwazzer wrote:Cas fans were hoping he'd be back for Sunday. I'd doubt that. If you summon someone from the other side of the world, it won't be to settle a parking ticket!
It's a case that's been long postponed
Dragons player Chase faces assault charges
If his lawyer was the one that's put it off for so long,then he's done Chase a HUGE dis-service.
The Police / Gold Coast council is currently trying to clean up the area,due to large scale infiltration of crime/drugs/violence centred on the nighclubs. Even without a custodial sentence he'll have trouble getting back into the UK.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

bourbon_rat wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Cas fans were hoping he'd be back for Sunday. I'd doubt that. If you summon someone from the other side of the world, it won't be to settle a parking ticket!
It's a case that's been long postponed
Dragons player Chase faces assault charges
If his lawyer was the one that's put it off for so long,then he's done Chase a HUGE dis-service.
The Police / Gold Coast council is currently trying to clean up the area,due to large scale infiltration of crime/drugs/violence centred on the nighclubs. Even without a custodial sentence he'll have trouble getting back into the UK.
How much must the timing of this have cost Hetherington? :wink:
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09