Graham should be fit for Saturday!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Graham should be fit for Saturday!!!

Post by josie andrews »

Royce Simmons confident James Graham will prove fitness

ROYCE Simmons is confident James Graham will overcome a troublesome back injury to take his place in Saints’ front row in Saturday’s Challenge Cup semi-final.

The coach revealed Graham, whose back has been going into spasm because of a disc problem, will be given until the final preparations on Friday to prove his fitness.

Simmons said: “He had a scan that showed there was a bit a bulging disc that had gone back into place but apparently you could see a bit of a problem from that.

“He has got the power back in his legs – so that is some sort of a good sign – but his back is still in spasm. We will monitor him through the week, give him the Captain’s Run and then do some squeezing and wrestling techniques and see how it affects him.”

Simmons is hopeful the prop’s fierce determination will drive him towards fitness: “I’m confident he will be okay. He is more than 50/50.

“He has (also) had a little bit of concussion lately so we will rest him right up this week. I wouldn’t want to be going into the semi-final without him – he leads from the front.”

Roby, who has escaped a suspension after pleading guilty to a dangerous throw against Castleford, is expected to shrug off a hand injury to start, while Jonny Lomax and Jon Wilkin should also recover from knocks. Shaun Magennis is ruled out with the groin tear he suffered at the weekend.

Simmons admitted seven players who he hopes to include in his 19-man squad, including Francis Meli and Sia Soliola did not train on Tuesday, but the coach appears confident they will be passed fit.

http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/saints/ne ... _fitness/?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Graham should be fit for Saturday!!!

Post by josie andrews »

Didn't think any different :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
OJ

Post by OJ »

Oh well there's a surprise (Not) although to be fair I reckon both teams will be going into this game with squads not 100% fit which makes the schedule for the Challenge cup and the way the games are spread about even more of a daft idea. Do as Josie says and go back to May for God's sake - think I will send Nigel Wood a message in a pie - that should grab his attention :)
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

One or two good stiff hits could put him back to square one. Get into his ribs from the offset even if he is offloading.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:One or two good stiff hits could put him back to square one. Get into his ribs from the offset even if he is offloading.
Just what I was thinking myself Panchitta Marra.We need a two or three man rush from the off smashing him into the ground.For example Coley,Lima,Hansen and anyone who feels the need to inflict a little damage to his ribs.Mind you he will probably try to get his own back by standing on Pats heel again that is if he is capable after the hit I hope happens. :D
OJ

Post by OJ »

KOOCH wrote:Mind you he will probably try to get his own back by standing on Pats heel again that is if he is capable after the hit I hope happens. :D
Do you mean in the grand final? Went without comment from the sky commentary team :roll: but I often wondered if that had anything to do with Pat's injury that night
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

the winky one

Post by the winky one »

KOOCH wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:One or two good stiff hits could put him back to square one. Get into his ribs from the offset even if he is offloading.
Just what I was thinking myself Panchitta Marra.We need a two or three man rush from the off smashing him into the ground.For example Coley,Lima,Hansen and anyone who feels the need to inflict a little damage to his ribs.Mind you he will probably try to get his own back by standing on Pats heel again that is if he is capable after the hit I hope happens. :D
Hee Hee.....disabling his gob wouldn't go amiss either :wink:
BriH

Post by BriH »

Aye, we'll see how fit he is! :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

the winky one wrote:Hee Hee.....disabling his gob wouldn't go amiss either :wink:
Nah, leave his gob alone. Mr Silverwood will deal with that! :lol:
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

A bulging disc eh?..He'd have bulging eyeballs if I had anything to do with it! :badg: :badg: