Boots 'n All

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
BriH

Boots 'n All

Post by BriH »

Brian Carney and Paul Cullen gave a good account of themselves in relation to the Crusaders shambles.
In essence, they were saying the RFL should make available to the public, the analysis they carried out to determine who got Super League licences.
"If they have nothing to hide well bring out into the open for scrutiny".
wiganwarriordave

Re: Boots 'n All

Post by wiganwarriordave »

Yeah, i watched it and agreed, transparency will help. Although i think the root cause is much simpler. You simply can't sustain a SL team when you're regularly attracting < 5000 fans to home games. I feel the blame lies with Crusaders marketing dept. I may be wrong, but that's my gut feel. Speccies = money. Simple.
jobo

Post by jobo »

They needed a sugar daddy to see them over the first 5 years or so, plus loads of support from the RL.

Brian Carney hit the nail on the head though when he said the licencing system is flawed. One of the RL board was of the opinion that the franchise was a good thing, in that it exposed the financial flaws in Crusaders application. Brian pointed out that it was the same system that allowed them in the first place, leaving the players being owed money and the RL with egg all over it's face and also being owed shed loads of dosh.
BriH

Post by BriH »

What I hate most of all is the RFL's double standards in relation to administration.
Celtic Crusaders and Wakefield?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

BriH wrote:What I hate most of all is the RFL's double standards in relation to administration.
Don't forget about Widnes Bri, they were the proverbial whipping boys in the first place to let the Crusaders in SL :exc:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I hate to say it but CP has got it right in the fact that the league just isnt strong enough for 14 teams, they should force some teams to either join forces or ship out. fewer teams would make for a much competitive league
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

josie andrews wrote:
BriH wrote:What I hate most of all is the RFL's double standards in relation to administration.
Don't forget about Widnes Bri, they were the proverbial whipping boys in the first place to let the Crusaders in SL :exc:
Lest we forget, Widnes were also the whipping boys too allow in Catalans Dragons when they finished 11th and were relegated along with Leigh.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

jobo wrote:They needed a sugar daddy to see them over the first 5 years or so, plus loads of support from the RL.

Brian Carney hit the nail on the head though when he said the licencing system is flawed. One of the RL board was of the opinion that the franchise was a good thing, in that it exposed the financial flaws in Crusaders application. Brian pointed out that it was the same system that allowed them in the first place, leaving the players being owed money and the RL with egg all over it's face and also being owed shed loads of dosh.
makes me laugh this, as they knew bugger all until Crusaders pulled out
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing