Empty seats.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Kiwiseddon

Empty seats.

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Just been watching the highlights of Saints V Hudds and Bratfut V HKR and there were far more empty seats than full ones in both games. I appreciate that Sky are not going to go to the best supported clubs every week but it looked worryingly empty to me.

Especially after the start of the new Premiership season with every ground packed, RL looked like a bit of a two bit sport in comparison. Odsal in particular looked a shadow of its former self.

I know we'll never compete with football but should the clubs be getting bums on seats even if it means practically giving the tickets away?
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Wes

Re: Empty seats.

Post by Wes »

All comes down to clubs sales and marketing teams, ours is very good the best in the league IMO, too many clubs rely on the hardcore which again IMO is not good enough for our game to grow we need to grow the fan base!

A simple idea is to look at history and pick a low attendance game, offer that ticket half price when purchased with a ticket for high attendance game.

Something else which could be a hit is for clubs to hire good singers/bands for normally low attendance games to play a gig after the game with booze half price after the game.

Its easy but for whatever reasons clubs prefer to rely on season ticket holders and the hardcore.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

13,441 at Bradford v HKR
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

ancientnloyal wrote:13,441 at Bradford v HKR
Well there you go!

It didn't look like it to me but that's obviously not a bad crowd.

Interestingly the stats show that RL has never been better supported, it's just that the crowd/atmosphere/stadium just looked like a ghostly shadow of the bouncing place I visited years ago. Just my interpretation of what I saw but you can't really argue with 13,441 at a game played by two real middle road teams.

I stand corrected!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

fact is odsal or grattan stadium is too big and 13k sounds quiet as crowd is far away from pitch.
IN WANE WE TRUST
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Is that how Many people were there or the total number of season ticket holders + those paying on the gate?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

They have questionable attendances
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ancientnloyal wrote:They have questionable attendances
I think so too!

There are times when the place looks empty & the attendance is well over 10,000 & other times when the place looks fuller, the attendances well below 10,000 :conf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

josie andrews wrote:
ancientnloyal wrote:They have questionable attendances
I think so too!

There are times when the place looks empty & the attendance is well over 10,000 & other times when the place looks fuller, the attendances well below 10,000 :conf:
I think their attendances must include all season ticket holders. It didn't look like 13,000 on Sunday. It's alright selling season tickets for £60 but anyone who only went 4 or 5 times a year will still do that with a season ticket. They might go to a couple of extra ones but probably not every game.