Re: Wigan switch friendlies

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
alwalk

Re: Wigan switch friendlies

Post by alwalk »

Why is it that the Warriors should change grounds just because the latics are still playing their season, it was the same last year. Are they going to change the super league matches just to please the likes of Paul Jule & his team. It will be interesting to see what happens to the warriors if the latics go to the premiership.

MrsLam says: I know you didn't use bad language and fair enough if you have a point to make but please don't start a debate on rugby vs football, we'll just end up with 6 new users that are all Latics fans that have been offended by your comment and a load of useless new threads with offensive language!
ChrisA

Re: Wigan switch friendlie...

Post by ChrisA »

Cant agree more, just shows where the priorities lie. I have booked off Weds 26th so I can go to the Salford game, so not only do they change venue they change the date aswel, good going guys. Good way to run a club.
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

Its the same for me i booked off the wed, for a testimonial game it should be played at wigans ground, very unhappy i as wont be able to make tues @ salford
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Its not exactly going to be the same either, salford hosting a wigan players testimonial
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

IT STINKS !!!!!! Simple as that.
Would be interesting to know what Kris Radlinski thinks about it.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Let me begin by stating I have no problem with Wigan Athletic, in fact I hope they gain promotion to the Premiership as this can only raise the public profile of Wigan.

What does bother me is the unfairness regarding the switching of venues for our pre-season friendly matches. Didn't the same thing occur with Terry O'Connor's testimonial last season.

According to Teletext our friendly games for January have been moved so the pitch can be preserved for Wigan Athletic to play at JJB.

One has to wonder what would happen if the same scenario occurred but it was the finale of the Super League season and we had an important home match to secure top spot.

Suppose the Latics had organised a friendly match against a major European team, do we honestly believe that the friendly game would be moved or cancelled at short notice to preserve the pitch for the Warriors.

I thought the JJB Stadium was built as a joint home for both Wigan Warriors and Wigan Athletic, if that was the case all we are asking for is fairness to both clubs.

After all both clubs represent the town of Wigan.
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Is it still radlinski's testimonial.

I thought this was no longer going to be a benefit game.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
kt4ever_1

Post by kt4ever_1 »

I didnt know he was fit to play after his injury ???
Take me home wigan road to a place i belong wigan rugby not the latics take me home wigan road!
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Its not looking like its going to be his game. Its now just being refered to as a 'friendly'

Its a disgrace. Kris Radlinski deserves more than this (as did Terry O last year)
mark prescott

Post by mark prescott »

the games have obviously been switched to protect the ground at this time of year with all the inclement weather we have been having mind you though you would hve thought with all the **** bein played on the ground at this time of year the grass would be well fertilised