Is this the 2005 Wigan shirt?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

Is this the 2005 Wigan shirt?

Post by ian.birchall »

Stuck out in the wilds of Whinoes country I have not seen the new shirt but I am suspecting that this background is it. Is it?
Is there a parrot in this message?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mrs_carney

Re: Is this the 2005 Wigan shi...

Post by mrs_carney »

Go to www.wiganrl.com and its on there, but beware brians wearing it so you may not like it!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Is this the 2005 Wigan...

Post by Mike »

Here it is:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Re: Is this the 2005 Wigan shi...

Post by Fraggle »

ian.birchall posted:
Stuck out in the wilds of Whinoes country I have not seen the new shirt but I am suspecting that this background is it. Is it?
Please don't mention parrots in relation to a Wigan message board! Several years ago (1999?) there was another message board which descended into a war between Warriors and Latics fans. The end of that message board was caused by a picture of a parrot which was not for the fainthearted - I've never been able to look at parrots in the same way ever since! The nature of the picture led to the message board being taken off the net, and probably led to a few of us moving here instead.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Fraggle posted:
ian.birchall posted:
Please don't mention parrots in relation to a Wigan message board! Several years ago (1999?) there was another message board which descended into a war between Warriors and Latics fans. The end of that message board was caused by a picture of a parrot which was not for the fainthearted - I've never been able to look at parrots in the same way ever since! The nature of the picture led to the message board being taken off the net, and probably led to a few of us moving here instead.
I remember it all too well. The message board was run by a Wigan fan by the name of Phil Halliwell (I think)but the club adopted it and the web aite as an official one. This was when (I think) Mike Nolan was at the helm.

When the offensive material was posted as the site was associated with the club the club had the web master close it down. I think Dave Swanton might have been media manager at the time.

The site was OK but a bit flaky around the edges and I think Phil had his nose put out when the club went elsewhere for an official site when Nolan left and I have never heard of him since.

Dave
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

DaveO posted:
I remember it all too well. The message board was run by a Wigan fan by the name of Phil Halliwell (I think)but the club adopted it and the web aite as an official one. This was when (I think) Mike Nolan was at the helm.

When the offensive material was posted as the site was associated with the club the club had the web master close it down. I think Dave Swanton might have been media manager at the time.

The site was OK but a bit flaky around the edges and I think Phil had his nose put out when the club went elsewhere for an official site when Nolan left and I have never heard of him since.

Dave
100% correct Dave, well remembered. I don't know what happened to Phil either, he disappeared along with his website but I guess Mr Swanton didn't have much choice about closing it down after the club had adopted it as their own, although adopting a sensible system for registering users might have been better (it works here).

Wigan has never been very good at running its own websites, they've usually descended into out-of-date information very quickly. Last summer I emailed the club to complain that the Warbabes' 2003 profiles were still "coming soon" (plus some other information such as why was the then-league table several weeks out-of-date), and whilst they did make a change to that page we're still waiting for the 2004 profiles in early 2005! Not that such information is of interest to me, of course...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Linzi

Post by Linzi »

Apparently we are getting a new 'offical' website soon. So its says on the homepage of the current one.