Referee for Wembley maybe....

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Wembley maybe....

Post by josie andrews »

Heard that the referee for Wembley is non other than Leigh born & lives in Warrington ....Phil Bentham!!!

Video referee St Helens supporter Ganson!!!

:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Referee for Wembley maybe....

Post by josie andrews »

Confirmed now!

Ref P Bentham

TJ J Child TJ R Hicks

RR R Silverwood

RTJ T Roby

VR S Ganson

MC D Campbell
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Such a shame. You give the job to the best referee and that is Silverwood.
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

I asked in another post last week, what would the cheating so and so's at Red Hall do to swing things in favour of their precious Swinoes? Now I know, it's like a sick joke. Ref should be Silverwood - no brainer.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

cpwigan wrote:Such a shame. You give the job to the best referee and that is Silverwood.
Who refereed when we played at Warrington the other week and got hammered for penalties in the first half and had to defend 5 sets on the back of a blatant charge down the ref missed?

Everytime I've ever said a referee is the best in the game they always have a stinker so I'm keeping quiet.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Actually, I'm cool with Bentham. Apart from that decision at Cas when he spared the TJs blushes, he hasn't done too badly for us this season. And its his first Wembley so he won't want to screw up. Hell, we can't have Silverwood ever game!

Good to see Child has found his niche!
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

Hands up all those who are surprised at Bentam and scouse shit are in charge, got to give Wino's a chance
botica

Post by botica »

Not surprised TBH....
Every video/restart decision will go Whino's way especially after the stick i gave Ganson on his way home after the Semi!

Sorry :blush:
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am not convinced re referees at TJs if that referee has spent the majority 90% say refereeing. I believe TJ is a different task from refereeing and when referees act as TJs they interfere too much and seek the limelight. I also think TJs should be rewarded and not passed over come what may when it comes to the biggest games etc.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Madge never uses the ref as an excuse and neither should we, this team is good enough to beat a referee. Its like the ol' story in boxing if you go to a place and you know your not gonna get the judges vote no matter what you do, thats fine, dont complain, just knock the opponent out then you wont have to rely on them!.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure