Re: Sam Tomkins

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Thankfully, Sam is staying put for at least a few more years. I don't see why he'd need to play in Australia to show he can play the game. He's an amazing talent and would shine in any league.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

In God we Trust! Well said!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Stupid thread stupid title :angry:

Go & Troll on some other site please.

Sam is by far the best player in this country IMO & my favourite player is Lockers & has been since he was a kid, but even I bow down to the talent that is Sam Tomkins.

You know how good you are when every other teams supporters starts calling you names & how much they don't like or they hate you.

Would they be saying all this if he played for them??

The answer is a GREAT BIG RESOUNDING NO!!!

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Ok, I've had no sleep in 24 hours, my flight out of Afghanistan is delayed until tonight, my wife is raging, I am raging and THEN I come on here to have a look at what my friends have been posting and I see this joker.

Sam Tomkins is the next Darren Lockyer, mark my effing words and eff off. Typical arrogant Aussie, next you'll be saying Alistair Cook wouldn't get in the Australian Cricket side, oh but wait you wn't want to talk about that will you cause you're no good at it anymore. Aussies have been a bunch of bottlers over the past few years, four nations and the World Cup spring to mind.

England will give them a better game this year I don't expect us to win but we will be competitive if Macfanny picks a proper side.

Have a nice time being a Prisoner of Mother England, all the best.
Up The Mont!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

:eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18: :eusa18:

Bugger off, what a bleeding idiot you are. Sam would walk into any Aussie side he just doesn't want to. So you are just as bad as the whinging supporters of other teams in SL, he doesn't play for you so he is either crap, arrogant, protected by the refs(my arse!!) he cheats, he's lucky blah blah blahdy blah :angry:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Coopdog. I'm no fan of Richie Mathers but he's a damned sight better than some of the NRL shite you have shipped over here over the years. BTW, when you're on Witness Protection, its not the best idea to post on forums. Even those on the other side of the planet!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

coopdog wrote:This post is to highlight the massive, and I mean massive difference in standard between the Super League and the NRL.

I subscribe to a site called livenrl.tv and watch the games each week. Tonight I watched the Dragons v Storm game before the Super League match between Wigan and Bradford started.

The defence in SL is attrocious, people like Tomkins get all the wraps, but seriously the defence is disgraceful, almost non existent. The teams seem to have no pride in their line. The mentality seems to be, if we let 20 points in, we'll score 30.

The reason England will never match Aus and NZ is simple, these teams don't leak points to this extent. The Storm v Dragons game finshed 8-6, and was an outstanding game of proper rugby league.

The reason I pinpoint Tomkins, is I don't rate him as high as everyone else seems to. He hasn't tried NRL because he would be a failure, he would be presented with one defensive line, as opposed to the crap he faces in the SL, and would not be half the fullback Slater, Darius Boyd, Josh Dugan etc. etc. are.

Super league is no where near where it needs to be for England to ever be successful on the world stage, people like Tomkins will only ever be very small fish in a very big pond.
:roll: You may need to see a doctor :wink:

Yes the NRL is stronger, much stronger BUT players from SL regularly go over and thrive in that competition. Sam T would be no different.

At the moment I think it is hard to say which one is better Billy Slater or Sam T and whomever is, is the best FB in the world!!
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

This joker is just a typical Aussie, he private messaged me saying 'Talk to me like that again, blah blah blah' They can't handle the British banter, he also can't handle the fact that I've flipped the term POME on it's head and have been calling him it - Aussies are the real POME's.

Wigan Warriors Fans 1 - Clown 0
Up The Mont!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

coopdog wrote:It's true.
Tomkins wouldn't get a start at most NRL teams, too small, and wouldn't penetrate a solid defensive line.
For you poms, a solid defensive line is one that doesn't leak 60...and games where 56-42 aren't common scorlines.
Super League is a joke.
Given a season in NRL with the levels of training and coaching to acclimatise, Sam Tomkins would be a class act in your so called blessed game.
You Bluey's didnt give Ellery Hanley the time of day when he moved to Balmaim, but he proved to be the finest loose forward ever to play on that island of yours.
Hooroo.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

TonyH wrote:This joker is just a typical Aussie, he private messaged me saying 'Talk to me like that again, blah blah blah' They can't handle the British banter, he also can't handle the fact that I've flipped the term POME on it's head and have been calling him it - Aussies are the real POME's.

Wigan Warriors Fans 1 - Clown 0
TonyH I bet you shit yourself when you read that private message hahahahaha! What an idiot! He is not even worth replying to because quite simply Sam is 'world class' and any and I mean any team would have him in a heartbeat. That is the bottom line!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett