Wembley Eve

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Wembley Eve

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Aye its like Christmas, the eve of the special day, and waiting in anticipation of joyous things.
Its just gone 5am and time for the three S's.
Mines a full head shave, the lot comes off, its got to be right and look good for the lads coming out of that tunnel at Wembley, so proud to be a Wiganer, and maybe slightly more so on days like these.
We can be nothing but proud of these guys for all the treats they give us when they don the Cherry & White and enter the field of battle, and a true battle it will be tomorrow.
Leeds are coming up with the old trump card that they are the underdogs, and yes its true, you are the underdogs, and theres a very good reason for that. You are up against the very best in Superleague, and dont you just know it.
Slight anticipation on reading that Deacs is very nervous, and the last time he was nervous as a youngster, in a big final, he said he had a stinker. Well Deacs, its time to pucker up, you have all that it takes and you know you can do it. Its good to be nervous, nothing taken for granted.
1 to 17 tomorrow, and the 17 in Madge we trust.
Ready for the train down now, its been a while since I got off at Wembley Park to the then Twin Towers.
Just cannot wait.

C'mon WIGAN!!!!!!!!!
josie andrews

Re: Wembley Eve

Post by josie andrews »

Good Morning Mike, been up since 5 myself but refrained from coming on as didn't want to wake anyone up lol :wink:

Happy Wembley Eve to you all.

I hope we all have a great weekend culminating in that long awaited win for the lads. It's something they have all dreamt of & we always wish for.

Lets hope we are celebrating a fantastic game of rugby league from the greatest & most famous club in the world :D

Keep well & safe everyone have a safe journey there & back.

Enjoy the day :) xxx
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I am very emotional today, don't know why but I have been crying since I got up at 5am :blush:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Happy Wembley Eve!

I shall be going to the church of Youtube when i get home from work at 9pm to psych myself up.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

ancientnloyal wrote:Happy Wembley Eve!

I shall be going to the church of Youtube when i get home from work at 9pm to psych myself up.
I wonder if they sell any "Happy Wembley Eve "cards anywhere?! Ha Ha..I'm working until 1-30..Then home,
curtains closed,phone unplugged, glass of wine in hand
stomach doing a salsa...oh the joy of being in a cup
final... Tee Hee...COME ON WIGAN,BRING IT HOME!

:eusa3: :eusa3: :eusa3:
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

Yes I am now officially shitting it, not been this nervous for ages.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Will find it hard to sleep, on train at 8.39 tomorrow, bit of shopping in St James, then up to Wembley Park, few offie beers in Green Man beer garden,

Been far too long