Re: Are fans being short changed ?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

AM I right in thinking the 2012 CC Final is being moved forward because of the Olympics?
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

cpwigan wrote:AM I right in thinking the 2012 CC Final is being moved forward because of the Olympics?
No, they were talking about it but it is staying the same weekend next year.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I'm a traditionalist in the sense that I feel the CC should go back to where it belongs, end of April beginning of May.

Seeing that they have moved the 'Magic' weekend to the start of the season why can't they move the CC back there??

At the moment there is no momentum in the cup with huge gaps between rounds except when it comes to the semi & final.

Fans lose interest in it! Then of course there is the added expense of Wembley & then the play-offs, all cost extra, then the GF!

There is a load of congestion of games with the CC final, the last few games of the regular season & then the play-offs, all being like mini finals to some teams.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Or better still Josie, get rid of that bloody Magic weekend imo.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:Or better still Josie, get rid of that bloody Magic weekend imo.
Well I would get rid too, it's just a money spinning exercise for the RFL & another excuse for them to have another freebie jolly at the fans expense :angry:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:When you look at the costs

mm weekend then nothing then until august , CC final , play offs in September GF in October and then 4 nations on the lead up to Xmas

Not good and very costly but the players who are successful are getting caned physically also
All these extra costs in the space of a couple of months!!

No wonder the RFL are laughing all the way to bloody Red Hall at the expense of the fans.

"How much can we prise out of their wallets for us to enjoy ourselves!!!"

And they know we'll pay cos we are loyal supporters & love our game, which they do bugger all to promote grrrr

As you are probably aware by now, I don't have much time for the people at Red Hall who supposedly run our game :(

Rant over.
doc

Post by doc »

Get rid of MM. Cup Final to be played Spring Bank Holiday weekend at the end of May
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote:
TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:When you look at the costs

mm weekend then nothing then until august , CC final , play offs in September GF in October and then 4 nations on the lead up to Xmas

Not good and very costly but the players who are successful are getting caned physically also
All these extra costs in the space of a couple of months!!

No wonder the RFL are laughing all the way to bloody Red Hall at the expense of the fans.

"How much can we prise out of their wallets for us to enjoy ourselves!!!"

And they know we'll pay cos we are loyal supporters & love our game, which they do bugger all to promote grrrr

As you are probably aware by now, I don't have much time for the people at Red Hall who supposedly run our game :(

Rant over.
An excellent rant it was too :eusa2:
2002 and EW is hooked
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

I would change the structure of the league so that you have something like:

- 1st half of superleague and the early CC fixture
- Break
- 4 week block of back to back challenge cup matches through May with Wembley finishing on the last Bank holiday
- Break
- 2nd half of superleague
- Play offs.