Agar Leaving Hull

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Shaun1967

Agar Leaving Hull

Post by Shaun1967 »

Just been announced on Sky Sports News that Agar is to leave Hull at the end of the season.
Shaun McRae is to become Director of Rugby responsible for finding a successor to Agar.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Wes

Re: Agar Leaving Hull

Post by Wes »

Good move on Hulls part IMO.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Hull FC have confirmed that head coach Richard Agar will leave the club at the end of the season.

Agar has been on the Black and Whites' coaching staff for seven years, and became head coach in May 2008.

The hunt for his replacement will be headed up by ex-Hull and Salford coach Shaun McRae, who is returning to the club next month as director of rugby.

"I consider it an honour to have worked with the players and staff of this great club," said Agar.

"It has been a fantastic experience to work for Hull FC over the last seven years.

"I leave with pride and we have built a quality squad and culture. I have numerous happy memories and the two Challenge Cup finals and the Grand Final are obvious highlights."

McRae, who left his post as Salford coach in April after a period of leave on medical advice, previously coached the Black and Whites from 2000-04.

He will officially rejoin the club on 1 October, and it is believed one of Hull's targets to be their new coach will be Australian Peter Gentle, who is currently assistant to Tim Sheens with both Wests Tigers and Australia.

McRae said: "I am delighted to be returning to Hull FC and I am honoured to be part of the exciting times that lie ahead.

"I look forward to working with Adam Pearson and all the staff and players and also reacquainting myself with the 'old faithful'."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... efault.stm
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

"finally i can put this tie on for that long overdue interview in the East Ridings
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Agar denied it, but he's off to coach Wakefield

RICHARD Agar looks set to be announced as the new coach of Wakefield in the next few days.

The news comes despite controversy over media stories suggesting he was heading to the West Yorkshire club last month.

At the time, rugby league journalist Andy Wilson, who broke the news in The Guardian, was heavily criticised by FC owner Adam Pearson and Agar himself.

However, the story looks set to come true as the Wildcats prepare to name their new coach.

The Mail has subsequently discovered that the Wildcats made a direct approach for Agar a week before the story was published by The Guardian.

Following confirmation of John Kear's departure, the Mail understands Wildcats' chief executive James Elston called his FC counterpart James Rule to discuss whether Agar would become available for 2012. Whether they were told that he would is unclear, but with his exit from Hull now confirmed, the path is clear for his appointment for next season and beyond at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium.

"The club is getting close to finalising the deal with a new head coach," a statement said yesterday on the Wakefield club website.

"All the interviews have taken place and chief executive James Elston and chairman Andrew Glover are hoping to make the final decision in the next few days."

Other candidates thought to have been in the frame include former Great Britain coach Brian Noble and France boss Bobbie Goulding .

The Wildcats have made six new signings for 2012, but called a halt to any further recruitment.

"All the coaches we have interviewed have looked at the existing squad and the players we have signed and they all agree we are starting to build a very competitive team," the statement continued. "Obviously there are still places to fill and some existing players that need looking at for next year but we won't be signing anyone else until the coach is in place.

"The new coach will have funds to spend to bring in some extra quality, and although our recruitment has started late, there should still be some good pickings out there."

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... tory.html?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Poor Wakefield - I almost feel sorry for them

Almost...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------