An Historic Night Out

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

An Historic Night Out

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors are delighted to unveil an action-packed night of entertainment as part of the Clubs Heritage Day ahead of the final regular season fixture of Super League XVI, against Crusaders RL.

Kick off for the game is 8pm and turnstiles at the DW Stadium will open at 6.30pm.

ENTERTAINMENT

Outside the stadium, lifelong Warriors fan and singer-songwriter Pauline Blackburn will be performing on the Warriors Showcase stage opposite the South Stand Bar from around 7pm. Pauline has been solidly writing her own material and playing gigs for about 4 years now and plans to record some of her songs in the very near future. ‘Little Miss Pauline' has played gigs all over the North West and recently appeared at the Darwen festival and the Crooke Charity Festival. Find out more about Pauline and listen to her music here: http://www.myspace.com/littlemisspauline

Max's Club this week will be taking place outside the stadium, in the South East corner, to welcome fans as they arrive at the game. It will feature hosts Dom and Gillian, as well as special appearances from Max and a selection of non-playing First Team players. The fun and games will kick off at 6.30pm with prizes on offer and fun for all the family.

Inside the stadium there will be performances from the Berkeley Warrior Girls and the Wigan Youth Choir, before over 60 Wigan RL past players and legends are paraded in celebration of the Clubs Heritage Day.

Before kick off the Warriors will join the whole of Rugby League in paying its respects to Dana Wilson. A minute's silence will take place for the Swinton Lions player who died tragically in a car crash last weekend.

The half time break will take a look to the future as the Club presents the new Brian Foley Award for the Scholarship player demonstrating the most hard work and commitment during the past season, as well as the under 18's player of the season and Edwards-Johnson Award for the under 20's player of the year.

Should Wigan finish top (by virtue of them defeating Crusaders on Friday and Warrington Wolves losing at Hull FC), then League Leaders' Shield will be presented on the pitch following the conclusion of the game.

TICKETS

Another big crowd is anticipated for the game but tickets are still available from just £18 for adults and £12 for juniors, with further savings for families. Full details are available by [clicking here]. Tickets are available in advance from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552 (between 9am-5pm) and online at Warriors E-Tickets by [clicking here].

The Ticket Office will open at until kick off whilst any remaining East and South Stand tickets will be available on the turnstiles from 6.30pm. West Stand tickets will be available from the West Stand Ticket Office.

PARKING & DIRECTIONS

For more information on parking and directions to the DW Stadium [click here]. With a big crowd anticipated all fans are urged to arrive early and enjoy the pre-match entertainment.

MERCHANDISE

Official merchandise will be on sale from the Club Shop in the West Stand. This will open at 6pm.

Programmes will be on sale from around the stadium priced at £3 featuring exclusive interviews with Eamon O'Carroll and legend David Stephenson, the thoughts of Michael Maguire, plus a special pictorial look back at the Carnegie Challenge Cup Final at Wembley.

Golden Gamble tickets will also be available priced at just £1 from sellers around the stadium.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Warriors Sponsor Supports Local Community

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors' official main team sponsor Applicado-FS Consultancy Ltd will be bringing joy to hundreds of disadvantaged local children this Friday by inviting them to the Warriors versus Crusaders game at the DW Stadium.

The kind gesture, instigated by Applicado CTO Andrew Pickering (pictured), has seen them purchase 600 match tickets for the game which have been distributed to foster care children, youngster in care homes and social housing tenants in some of the most deprived areas of Wigan.

Andrew Pickering said,

"As a local company who work throughout the country on wide-ranging consultancy projects we are keen to ensure we don't lose sight of where we've come from.

"Throughout our partnership with the Warriors we've been keen to support local projects and hopefully this latest one will make a difference to the lives of those children that would unfortunately not otherwise be able to attend a live Super League game."

Applicado FS Consultancy Ltd have also invited a number of Warriors season ticket holders to the game as their guests, providing not only match tickets but also hospitality and the opportunity to meet first team stars.

Andrew Pickering continues,

"During discussions with the Club we identified a number of fans who travel from far and wide to the DW Stadium to watch the Warriors week in, week out. Season ticket holders were identified in towns and cities as far away as Cyprus, Ireland, northern Scotland and the far South East of England.

"I thought it would be a great idea to invite these fans to the game as a small thank you on behalf of both the Club and also myself, as a fellow Wigan supporter, and to give them a special experience."

This activity coincides with the Wigan RL Heritage Day, taking place around the Warriors versus Crusaders fixture at the DW Stadium on Friday at 8pm. Tickets are now on general sale from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552 and online at Warriors E-Tickets.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
BriH

Re: An Historic Night Out

Post by BriH »

Sounds like a great night! Wish I could be there.

Let's hope it's a fantasticnight when news comes through that Hull FC have beaten The Upstarts from Warrington.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

BriH wrote:Sounds like a great night! Wish I could be there.

Let's hope it's a fantasticnight when news comes through that Hull FC have beaten The Upstarts from Warrington.
Should that happen, what's the situation with the presentation of the old Hub Cap. It's normally given at the game where it's won and both Dire and us expect to get it, but we've still got it havn't we?
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

bill.inger wrote:
BriH wrote:Sounds like a great night! Wish I could be there.

Should that happen, what's the situation with the presentation of the old Hub Cap. It's normally given at the game where it's won and both Dire and us expect to get it, but we've still got it havn't we?
Try reading all of the origanal posting at the top of the Thread

Should Wigan finish top (by virtue of them defeating Crusaders on Friday and Warrington Wolves losing at Hull FC), then League Leaders' Shield will be presented on the pitch following the conclusion of the game.

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The gestures by our shirt sponsors are absolutely fantastic. Fair play to them!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

cpwigan wrote:The gestures by our shirt sponsors are absolutely fantastic. Fair play to them!!
My son Ross and myself have received invitations to the APPLICADO-FS hospitality evening at the DW Stadium tonight . Although we will be at the match tonight we were not in a position to accept their very generous offer. Can i please use this forum to thank APPLICADO-FS for their very kind invitation it was very much appreciated .

Regards (and thanks) , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Where was my invite :lol: not down enought to keep my season ticket going hence just come on a game to game basis

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

is everyone going retro ? think i will wear the centenery shirt.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Gave all my old shirts to a charity that takes them to village in Africa,
so I only have last years & this years left now :exc: