good news re:dire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Gizmo_Edwards

good news re:dire

Post by Gizmo_Edwards »

Warrington are reporting a shortage of forwards for their playoff game against Hud on friday.

Wood - out (injured back)
Morley - out (eye)
Carvell (more than likely) - out
should be at least 2 matches if RFL do their job.

Westwood - out
Solomona - possibly out with concussion.

michael monaghan also went off injured.

come on fartown!!!
Wigan Rugby League Fans:- the jackpot winners in rugby league life...
yokozuna

Re: good news re:dire

Post by yokozuna »

Carvell won't get a ban. It was high, but not malicious at all, the impact was against the ball and arm and then went high.

You could tell it wasn't intentional and I'd be fuming if a Wigan player was banned for similar. Lockers has done a fair few similar hits this season, and quite rightly not been sanctioned for them. It's rugby league, not football.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
BigJeffLima

Post by BigJeffLima »

solomona will play hell be fine
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

yokozuna wrote:Carvell won't get a ban. It was high, but not malicious at all, the impact was against the ball and arm and then went high.

You could tell it wasn't intentional and I'd be fuming if a Wigan player was banned for similar. Lockers has done a fair few similar hits this season, and quite rightly not been sanctioned for them. It's rugby league, not football.
Remember a certain Andy Coley against the cats? Outstreched hand one game ban if I remember correctly. :D
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

The Carvell high shot was awful, he should have walked.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09