new captain

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
marlene

new captain

Post by marlene »

who do you think should be the captain in fazs absent, how about terry newton? :eusa3:
chloe

Re: new captain

Post by chloe »

Newton is very passionate however his temper may get the better of him......cant see him calming the team down in times of panic?? Would say Rads but i dunno i dont think i could see him captaining! I think O'loughlin would be good however his inexperience will probably stop this....I'm not sure its going to be a big call whoever it is...... :wink:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

It is Radlinski. He captained the side at the start of last season when Faz was injured.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

chloe posted:
Newton is very passionate however his temper may get the better of him......cant see him calming the team down in times of panic?? Would say Rads but i dunno i dont think i could see him captaining! I think O'loughlin would be good however his inexperience will probably stop this....I'm not sure its going to be a big call whoever it is...... :wink:
Wasn't Lockers captain of the England/GB (can't remember which) A team? I think he's got the experience below 1st team level and so it shouldn't be too much of a shift. But Rads was captain last year, although personally I think he's too nice to bully some of the hot-heads in the team who sometimes need calming down (stand up Mr Newton).
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
chloe

Post by chloe »

Yeah he was i think it was England A, I think it would be a big shift in his eyes he mgiht crack under pressure....i agree we should give the young lad a chance because i thinkhe'd be spot on. HMMM well Rads is captain now and yes he was captain at start of last season and whilst i think hes a fantastic player i think he was not captain material.....Some people are born leaders others just aren't!! There is no chancei could see Kris telling Newton to calm down when hes on a roll!! Anyways he could just go ahead and prove me wrong.....lets hope however he decides to lead the team he wins us some games in the process! :wink:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Mike posted:
It is Radlinski. He captained the side at the start of last season when Faz was injured.
He did and he was rubbish at it IMO. His game suffered. Bad move.

I'd have given to to Orr or Moran. Half backs at the centre of it already bossing people about. Could do Orr's confidence a lot of good giving him the top job.

Dave
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Mike, yes it is Radlinski but I am afraid that I agree with some of the other contributors who think that last year he was not a particularly good captain and at the same time his game went off.
With the turnover of players we had at the end of last season I cannot see where else it could have gone apart from O'Loughlin and the club obviously think he is too young, come back Craig Smith all is forgiven.
Not sure that I can go with this Bulls idea either of having a club captain and a pitch captain, seems very strange that.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
mario

Post by mario »

I'd give it to Newton, it might make him think twice before he does something stupid.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mario posted:
I'd give it to Newton, it might make him think twice before he does something stupid.
Let's face it, he's not a bad bloke but he's not the brightest. Isn't it enough that we manage to make him think once most of the time without slowing down the process whilst he has another think?!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mark prescott

Post by mark prescott »

lets not forget farrell is only injured not dead let rads captain the backs and newton the forwards in american football they use this system very well