Billy Slater

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TonyH

Billy Slater

Post by TonyH »

Would love to see this guy in Super League especially at Wigan, obviously I know Sam is fantastic at fullback but having watched Slater he is the best in the world, one of the things I think Sam should look at is when Slater jumps to take a high ball under pressure he turns his body sidewards and his leading leg is lifted high towards the opposition, anyone coming to tackle him Is gonna get a boot in the face (as one of the Newcastle players did). Imagine Tommy, Finch, Sam and Slater as our 4 go to men? Immense.
Up The Mont!
wiganwarriordave

Re: Billy Slater

Post by wiganwarriordave »

I'll prepare to be flamed for this, and maybe rightly so, as Slater is without doubt world class...

I would NOT have him at Wigan. He would cost too much, comes with an ego, and frankly putting Sam back at 6 would be an insult to the way he's crafted himself their. Wigan born and bred is our future. Unless Slater wants to come in and sit on the bench with maybe the occasional runout in the u20's? :lol:
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Sam will move to 6 permanently when he gets older, it's like watching Lockyer all over again.
Up The Mont!
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:I'll prepare to be flamed for this, and maybe rightly so, as Slater is without doubt world class...

I would NOT have him at Wigan. He would cost too much, comes with an ego, and frankly putting Sam back at 6 would be an insult to the way he's crafted himself their. Wigan born and bred is our future. Unless Slater wants to come in and sit on the bench with maybe the occasional runout in the u20's? :lol:
Wigan are doing OK & need to continue bringing in local talent,but I have to take you to task over the highlighted comment :conf:
Cheeky & aggressive on the field yes
But Bill have an Ego ?
Not a chance in Hell :lol: He's still the country boy from Nth Queensland that drove his old car down for a try out.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields