HULL KR: Robins to appoint coach in days

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

HULL KR: Robins to appoint coach in days

Post by josie andrews »

HULL KR are seeking to appoint their new coach early next week – and say they are fully confident they will get the right man.

Three board members were today flying out to Australia to conduct interviews with final candidates.

Each has already taken part in an hour-long telephone interview, and been required to submit three-year development plans for the club.

Now, half-day face-to-face interviews will be held in Sydney over this weekend by chairman Neil Hudgell, chief executive Mike Smith and vice-president Rob Crossland.

KR have been tight-lipped over possible candidates, which are now thought to be down to a final five from an original list exceeding 20.

But Hudgell is confident they will secure a high-quality coach, and hopes to have the deal signed and sealed before returning to the UK.

"The key things we are looking for are passion, commitment, experience, excellence and a strong work ethic," Hudgell told the Mail.

"We hope to have made an appointment shortly after the weekend, but certainly before the end of the month."

Hudgell was not willing to discuss the names of the five candidates.

However, South Sydney assistant Kurt Wrigley, former Canterbury boss Kevin Moore, Parramatta assistant Matt Cameron and Newcastle number two Andrew Dunemann will all be spoken to.

"We have some very fine candidates on paper, and from what we have seen and heard so far," added Hudgell. "The interviews will be held over Saturday and Sunday.

"They've already spoken to us for an hour on the phone and put forward a three-year plan.

"We have already also taken up references as part of the process.

"We are very confident we will come away from this trip with the right man to take us forward."

Asked about the interview process, Hudgell confirmed the club has arranged half-day sessions with candidates for this weekend.

And each will face psychometric testing, a process which seeks to establish the ability, aptitude and personality traits of each coach.

It is a process widely used in high-level management recruitment, and one Hudgell says will be assessed, before conducting final interviews with each candidate.

"We'll review the results and have further talks on the back of that with the expectation of making an appointment or at least offering terms after the weekend," he said.

http://www.thisishullandeastriding.co.u ... tory.html?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: HULL KR: Robins to appoint coach in days

Post by josie andrews »

Hull KR sign back-rower George Griffin

Hull Kingston Rovers have signed back-row forward George Griffin from Queanbeyan Kangaroos on a two-year deal, starting in 2012.

The 19-year-old Englishman had been set to sign for Crusaders until they withdrew from Super League.

"Hull have come in with a great offer," Griffin told the Canberra Times.

"I'm just going to take it while I can and then after the two years I'll have another look, see what happens and see if I can get back out here," he said.

Griffin still has ambitions of returning to Australia to play in the NRL: "I can't sleep when I'm thinking of the NRL, eight games a week is imprinted in my brain.

''You learn stuff as well so I always keep an eye on it.''

The Kangaroos are a feeder team to Canberra Raiders and
Griffin joined them at the beginning of last season before being farmed out to the junior team to gain experience.

He helped Queanbeyan to the minor premiers title in their competition.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 89732.stm?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan