Is RL legitimate?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Is RL legitimate?

Post by cpwigan »

The more I learn about the sport off the pitch I think not. I then watch games like tonight where one teams seems perfect yet the other are hammered by the referee and I start to wonder does the 'fun and games' stop off the pitch or does it apply to the actual games too.
cumbria_warrior

Re: Is RL legitimate?

Post by cumbria_warrior »

I agree tonight you would think that there was a motive behind some of the decisions. The more I see Wire play the more I dislike them, also I dont agree with the tannoy playing out music when an opposition player is sin binned, surely this is the club antagonising the away crowd, and I still dont think that they are as good as everyone is saying
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Scrum attack????? what a disgrace again so if he scored the try would he of brought it back I think not
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Stopped watching after 15 minutes. A total farce ganson has turned it into. I've watched the NRL play offs and there is no way on this earth 10% of those penalties would of been given. Looks awful on TV and that is coming from a massive rugbby leagye fan. Imagine what a non supporter thinks?

ps Tony smith doesn't half get on my tits
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

cumbria_warrior wrote:Scrum attack????? what a disgrace again so if he scored the try would he of brought it back I think not
It makes you think no matter what the RFL are going to do what they can to ensure Wire win the GF. Referees can create a one sided game v anybody.

The sport IMO is sadly corrupt.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Just been speaking to my dad and we said the same somebody want Wire to win this easy! what makes you worry more is if it was just ganson you could say it was bad reffing but video ref is at it too!!

Tony smith ex-england coach will be well in with all the top red hall lot, Wire could be the first team to break the big 4's domination (good PR?)

you just dismay if i was brown id pull em off the pitch!.

2 high tackles for wire players falling infront of the player its a disgrace!!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

cpwigan wrote:
cumbria_warrior wrote:Scrum attack????? what a disgrace again so if he scored the try would he of brought it back I think not
It makes you think no matter what the RFL are going to do what they can to ensure Wire win the GF. Referees can create a one sided game v anybody.

strong words CP. What makes you think this? surely not one performance from ganson tonight?
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

This is pathetic. Miler surrendered, surrender tackle. why ten. Why a scrum attack when a clear block on robertson, brough knocked back, ware in touch, the whole game is taken into disrepute. It w3as exacly the same against Hull. The refs detated the play. Hull could not move, niether can Hud. Unbeleivable,
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

AdamMac wrote:
cpwigan wrote:

strong words CP. What makes you think this? surely not one performance from ganson tonight?
The RFL paying players salaries, prepared to write those salaries off the cap, the Crusaders farce when the RFL had been in there for months, dubious individuals being welcomed at both the Crusaders and Barrow for example. I look at the way IL kisses the RFLs behinds and think I now understand why. I similarly think Wire do the same. Does anybody believe Wire are under the cap?

Throw all that and then in recent weeks you see some very dubious suspect refereeing efforts. I now believe that unless the RFL want it, you will not win something in RL.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Oh throw in the disciplinary too.

Will Grix even have a case to answer lol