Is RL legitimate?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Is RL legitimate?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

whats more sickening is wiggy hemmings loving and i mean LOVING! this!
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Now watching Numbers. Tell me if Hud get a point. I know the game has no point.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Briers jumps off the floor to swing his arm at crabtree but because he is 70ft tall and briers misses NO PEN, hudds players go to make a standard tackle and someone falls down in front of them PEN

go figure!?!?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
OJ

Post by OJ »

I felt like John Kear tonight - it was like watching paint dry but that was partly because it was spoilt as a contest early on by the ref and his desire to show who was in charge
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

If the refs and the RFL aren't corrupt, then they are the most incompetent governing body in sport. wire, under the cap? yeah right. Their millionaire sugar daddy has bought a team to try and win the league.

wire got away with murder like they have all season. Clearly the grapple tackle rule doesn't apply to them. Ganson made sure that the Giants wouldn't be able to hit wire hard early on by giving them a penalty a minute. After going that far behind early on; they were never going to mount any sort of challenge.

And hemmings was clearly looking forward to the showers with wire after the match - I would imagine that he had to change his trousers at half time. He's as big a joke as the RFL. What makes me laugh is that wire have clearly adopted our style of defence; yet when we did it, it was "boring" now it's "robust".

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I saw some accounting figures on RL fans, the most recent for Wigan and Wire. According to those accounts Wire generated more income than Wigan. Now personally, the only way I see that as possible is is Simon Moran is self financing huge boosts to hospitality / sponsorship / merchandising because to me it does not add up because the only advantage Wire have is that catering profit feeds into their club but not so re Wigan.

Sorry BUT the sport is dirty IMO and the people who have the biggest influence on the outcome of any game are referees. You can be a far weaker team than the opposition BUT if the referees 'aids' you, you can easily win. Possession, field position are the basics of RL and if a Referee gives one team a huge advantage whilst heaping the workload on the other team there is only one outcome. You cannot win a game if you have no possession and all you do is defend.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:I saw some accounting figures on RL fans, the most recent for Wigan and Wire. According to those accounts Wire generated more income than Wigan. Now personally, the only way I see that as possible is is Simon Moran is self financing huge boosts to hospitality / sponsorship / merchandising because to me it does not add up because the only advantage Wire have is that catering profit feeds into their club but not so re Wigan.

Sorry BUT the sport is dirty IMO and the people who have the biggest influence on the outcome of any game are referees. You can be a far weaker team than the opposition BUT if the referees 'aids' you, you can easily win. Possession, field position are the basics of RL and if a Referee gives one team a huge advantage whilst heaping the workload on the other team there is only one outcome. You cannot win a game if you have no possession and all you do is defend.
Think I said much the same in another post a few months ago, until their is evidence that Moran at Warrington is giving players cash payments then their is nothing we can do. If he is inflating the clubs financial position with his corporate entertaining then thats his choice, only the RFL can decide if thats against the rules. I know for a fact that other teams made cash payments to players to get around the cap and I would imagine it is rife in the game.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:
AdamMac wrote:
cpwigan wrote: It makes you think no matter what the RFL are going to do what they can to ensure Wire win the GF. Referees can create a one sided game v anybody.

The sport IMO is sadly corrupt.
strong words CP. What makes you think this? surely not one performance from ganson tonight?
The RFL paying players salaries, prepared to write those salaries off the cap, the Crusaders farce when the RFL had been in there for months, dubious individuals being welcomed at both the Crusaders and Barrow for example. I look at the way IL kisses the RFLs behinds and think I now understand why. I similarly think Wire do the same. Does anybody believe Wire are under the cap?

Throw all that and then in recent weeks you see some very dubious suspect refereeing efforts. I now believe that unless the RFL want it, you will not win something in RL.
Barrow Raiders are in very deep trouble with the RFL, which will soon come into the open.
Rumor has it that it will the worst ever case of a club being in breach of RFL rules, and every bit as big as the Melbourne Storm breach.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

AdamMac wrote:Stopped watching after 15 minutes. A total farce ganson has turned it into. I've watched the NRL play offs and there is no way on this earth 10% of those penalties would of been given. Looks awful on TV and that is coming from a massive rugbby leagye fan. Imagine what a non supporter thinks?

ps Tony smith doesn't half get on my tits
I lasted just a little bit longer.I love my rugby league and never thought that I would turn it off.That is until last night!It was a penalty fest for the wire and was always going to be the case.My wife asked me why I had turned it off and I had to explain to her that the rfl was intent of getting the wire to the Grand Final no matter the cost of integrity to our sport.I would go as far as to say that this is down right cheating.Some of (Granny basher Ganson)decisions where quite obvious to a blind person and his or her dog that his directive was to propel the wire to Old Trafford come what may.I realise that Nathan Brown has been in trouble before for voicing his opinion but I can bet behind closed doors the air turned blue.What an utter disgrace our refs have become. :angry:
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

I liked and agreed with McRae's comment at half time, to the effect that no penalty given was "wrong" just the amount of "right" ones that Ganson missed for the Giants. He said if he was on the coaching team of the side that was getting caned, he would also be looking at how perfect? the other team are? McRae definitely questioned Ganson's neutrality.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#