Next week vs Catalans

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Next week vs Catalans

Post by 100% Warrior »

After todays flat performance I'd be tempted to give the team a bit of a shake up to see if it could spark us back into life. My line up would be:

FB Richards
WG Charnley
CN J.Tomkins
CN Carmont
WG Goulding or Roberts
SO S.Tomkins
HB Finch
PR Lima
HK Leuluai
PR Mossop (hopefully)
SR Hansen
SR Farrell
LF O'Loughlin

SUB1 McIllorum
SUB2 Coley or Cross
SUB3 Prescott
SUB4 Hoffman (just think his form has really dropped in the last few weeks)

I'm dropping Pat to FB as recently he's struggled pace wise against his opponent and not taking opportunities when a gap is created. Also, think that bringing Sam into the half backs may spark some more creativity.
pie eater and proud of it

Re: Next week vs Catalans

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

I would be willing to bet its the same team, does Madge ever do a shake up or rest players?
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Just think that one or two changes may re-energise the other players.
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

Pat looked uninterested or is he carrying a knock?
BigJeffLima

Post by BigJeffLima »

100% Warrior wrote:After todays flat performance I'd be tempted to give the team a bit of a shake up to see if it could spark us back into life. My line up would be:

FB Richards
WG Charnley
CN J.Tomkins
CN Carmont
WG Goulding or Roberts
SO S.Tomkins
HB Finch
PR Lima
HK Leuluai
PR Mossop (hopefully)
SR Hansen
SR Farrell
LF O'Loughlin

SUB1 McIllorum
SUB2 Coley or Cross
SUB3 Prescott
SUB4 Hoffman (just think his form has really dropped in the last few weeks)

I'm dropping Pat to FB as recently he's struggled pace wise against his opponent and not taking opportunities when a gap is created. Also, think that bringing Sam into the half backs may spark some more creativity.

maybe it would be a good idea putting roberts at FB but putting richardss there is a bad idea he has no pace like sam and roberts does
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

pie eater and proud of it wrote:I would be willing to bet its the same team, does Madge ever do a shake up or rest players?
He rests the odd one or two now and again but rarely does a shake up. I reckon he has left it too late to do that anyway. Much as I'd like to see at least a couple of players dropped it's a bit much asking the likes of Roberts to come back into the team for a must-win play off game.

The only player he really dropped for a while this season was Farrell who was our best player today.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Madge will not make any changes
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

DaveO wrote:
pie eater and proud of it wrote:I would be willing to bet its the same team, does Madge ever do a shake up or rest players?
He rests the odd one or two now and again but rarely does a shake up. I reckon he has left it too late to do that anyway. Much as I'd like to see at least a couple of players dropped it's a bit much asking the likes of Roberts to come back into the team for a must-win play off game.

The only player he really dropped for a while this season was Farrell who was our best player today.
As much as I rate Farrell in an attaking sense and as well as he played today (as he was the only one who really broke the line, looked energetic and trying to make things happen), his missed tackle on Lomax at 12-14 (when we had just completed the majority of a great defensive set) had a major say in the final result. I am not saying we would have won but we were in a great position to take control of the match for the first time. If Faz could improve his defence then we have a really really good player on our hands.

Also we miss Mossop massively and need him against Cats and what happened to Hoffman?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

No. But drastic action is required if our season is to extend beyond next Sunday!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Cheers Morph! I think that was really early on IIRC.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett