Bailey Guilty but cleared on appeal

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Second Row

Bailey Guilty but cleared on appeal

Post by Second Row »

what an absolute farce, worth reading the actual hearing notes,he pleads and admits guilt, but excuses that really by saying that is how he plays.
Found guilty and in view of previous caution for same offence gets 1 match ban and £300 fine.

No details yet of appeal outcome other than he is cleared to play next match
i'm spartacus

Re: Bailey Guilty but cleared on appeal

Post by i'm spartacus »

interesting submissions from his coach in defence of Bailey;

"Brian McDermott also added, he hopes the panel show leniency, I know we are at an important part of the season. The possibility of missing him for the game at the weekend is enough to make us take notice of this. He is an animated character and a very tough player who shows aggression. All the media around Ryan has been about who is going to knock him out. He is working on his discipline and has shown huge improvements, having had no issues over the last 14 games. Ryan is definitely a work in progress and both we and Ryan realise that"

Should it really matter what part of the season we are in? Bailey was found guilty of the offence in the first instance and it should not matter what end of the season we are at.

That being said.... Is it too late to appeal Gaz Hock's ban? After all, it is a crucial part of the season and he's had no issues with the panel for over two years :D
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Sorry, appeals only work in limited number and strictly in alphabetical order. The appeals are all used up by the time they get to Wigan
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Bailey, first tackle knee in, wonder if he will be recalled?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

highland convert wrote:Bailey, first tackle knee in, wonder if he will be recalled?
Yep. Against Big Eorl. His appeal was basically “its how I play!”

Peter Sutcliffe should have tried that defence. “Hey. Its what I do. Get over it!”
thomo

Post by thomo »

he must be called in again and banned - beyond a joke

what sort of defence is that - its the way he plays

next time we are up - sorry gaz hock punch someone - its just the way he plays.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Surely, the ban must be more lengthy NOW

Incidentally, I think Jon Wells being involved with the disciplinary process is a disgrace. It is clearly a conflict of interest given his media role and will prevent him making an objective rational decision.
thomo

Post by thomo »

get him up this week - and end his season

or it is going to everyone leading with the knees into tackles

did stu not get done last season for it and come on Fozzard does it everyother drive in - and on the other drives he leads with the elbow/fore arm
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Well done to the RFL.
Made to look total idiots again by soaking in the lies about Bailey being prepared to make ammends for his so called error in raising the knee in tackles.
When will you imbisciles learn the errors of your ways or should we say become more honest in your judgements.
Buffoon's spoiling a great sport.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

How can a player plead guilty then appeal????