6,790 attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ancientnloyal

6,790 attendance

Post by ancientnloyal »

Poor.
The RFL need to look at the ticketing for these fixtures.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
kick it int duggie again

Re: 6,790 attendance

Post by kick it int duggie again »

exactly, the reason i wasnt there
botica

Post by botica »

And why i too wasn't there! It's a beggering expensive hobby once the playoffs start
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:Poor.
The RFL need to look at the ticketing for these fixtures.
The RFL need to look at much more than ticketing. We have seen six matches played out by the 'top sides' and only 2 could be classed as competitive. My ticket money went behind the bar in the Old Springs today. Nigel Wood can kiss my arse! :o
georgeorwell

Post by georgeorwell »

The RFL are slowly killing off the Golden Goose. They are just too greedy.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What did people expect?

Be very interesting to see what the RFL spends on advertising and marketing. Still at least they can say they made a profit at the end of the financial year and to hell with what happened during that year.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

rfl are therefore happy with 6,000 for a key playoff game and 3,000 average for a london team.

ridiculous.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
OJ

Post by OJ »

Never seen the stadium so empty looking and doesn't help when your opposition bring about 20 supporters and if the RFL don't get the message soon it will be disastrous. Wonder what the crowd at Old Trafford would have been like had it been a Catalan v Leeds final. The obvious thing to start with is to put the Challenge cup back to May then maybe give the position of league leaders more credibility than it has at present by dumping these play offs and bringing back the premiership. Bilko did a great piece on RLfans about how the play offs aren't living up to the hype and the crippling cost of having so much bunched together at the same time
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

We could not go today but probably would not have anyway. As I said before the game another £35 plus petrol and incidentals is too much.

I also think the format is wrong and our game can't support it at it stands. The results so far including ours today have served up some right old pastings and that isn't what play off footy is supposed to be about.

I genuinely think there is a danger that fans will (if they don't already) start to view the play offs as a poor competition not the ultimate test the RFL want to sell it as.

The CC games were better quality than the play off ones.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sadly the RFL seem oblivious to what fans tell them or say. From day 1 of the season; MM going back to derby matches or even MM as a concept sets the season off on a downward spiral whereby the RFL take fans for granted.

SL is too big and there are too many games, AND games that are uncompetitive, dare I say boring.