6,790 attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Nezza Faz

Re: 6,790 attendance

Post by Nezza Faz »

In order to encourage fans to attend the play-off's (and not just the glory-seeking Grand Final, which fans suddenly want to flock to), why not issue Vouchers to fans attending these matches, in order to give some form of priority on Tickets and/or reduced prices, for the Grand Final itself. That rewards loyalty as our own "18 Fans" purports to do.

It is also a very common practice in most major sports, as supporters collect numbered vouchers from each play-off match, to gain the the maximum benefits to the big game, instead of cold-shouldering the lead-up's.

Anything to avoid those embarrassing, empty terraces & seats, surely is worth a try.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

FROM A TO B wrote: Shame on you Josie.
Obviously because you didn't cancel your holiday your not a proper fan :wink:
In fairness, she booked those 2 weeks thinking we wouldn't finish in the top 8! :)
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nezza Faz wrote:In order to encourage fans to attend the play-off's (and not just the glory-seeking Grand Final, which fans suddenly want to flock to), why not issue Vouchers to fans attending these matches, in order to give some form of priority on Tickets and/or reduced prices, for the Grand Final itself. That rewards loyalty as our own "18 Fans" purports to do.

If you restrict GF tickets to regular weekly attendees, we would have an Old Trafford full of the empty seats you are complaining about in the play-offs.
Nezza Faz wrote:It is also a very common practice in most major sports, as supporters collect numbered vouchers from each play-off match, to gain the the maximum benefits to the big game, instead of cold-shouldering the lead-up's.
The 'voucher' system operates at big football clubs because if say ManU make the FA Cup Final, demand for tickets will heavily outstrip supply, a situation we will naver have in Rugby League!
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

Unless you're really slow off the mark, you will always get a ticket near our fans from the RL anyway.

A number of years ago, I dragged myself out of bed the morning after attending the Carney game at Leeds, drove 20 miles to the ticket office, saw the length of the queue, rang the RL from the car park (speaking to a Leeds fan) and went home and returned to bed. Haven't queued up once since.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Nezza Faz wrote:In order to encourage fans to attend the play-off's (and not just the glory-seeking Grand Final, which fans suddenly want to flock to), why not issue Vouchers to fans attending these matches, in order to give some form of priority on Tickets and/or reduced prices, for the Grand Final itself. That rewards loyalty as our own "18 Fans" purports to do.
So you want to prevent me from attending the Grand Final because I can't attend all the play off games
It is also a very common practice in most major sports, as supporters collect numbered vouchers from each play-off match, to gain the the maximum benefits to the big game, instead of cold-shouldering the lead-up's.

Anything to avoid those embarrassing, empty terraces & seats, surely is worth a try.
As already stated that's fine when the demand outstrips supply, but won't work for our sport.

This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

FROM A TO B wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I was gutted to have missed both the Saints & Catalans play off games, unfortunately I was on holiday :(
Shame on you Josie.
:blush: :blush: So very sorry :redf: :redf:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Kittwazzer wrote:
FROM A TO B wrote: Shame on you Josie.
In fairness, she booked those 2 weeks thinking we wouldn't finish in the top 8! :)
It was actually 10 days! thought I would just miss one playoff game & they would have a week off, but, our lads wanted to do it the hard way again to prove they are worthy Champions :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Sutty wrote:My own personal opinion is that the CC should be moved back to May, to give a big enough break to the players and the fans between the CC final and the end of the season, in order for the players to recover mentally and the fans to recover financially..
I believe that it will be moved next year as t'BBC will only be wanting the Para Olympics on TV at the end of August.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Realist99

Post by Realist99 »

slimshady wrote:
stevethegas wrote:As one of those who did make it to the match I too was very disappointed by the empty spaces all around.
It is worth pointing out that 24 hours before, a period which does not allow for major changes in the local or national economy, 18000+ turned up from the same town to the same stadium to watch another game.It is difficult to believe that this is because of the product on the park - especially as the Latics lost. So I can only put it down to hype and the massive publicity machine that soccer has developed.

But if, as we believe, we watch the greatest game of all, and there were several goodbyes to be said, and Madge's last home fixture, then shame on those of you who couldn't be bothered to turn up. Our great club deserves better.
6000 tickets were given away for Latics game on saturday!

Latics have a similar number of season ticket holders as us and Spurs brought just under 4,000. Include pay on the day and you'd be looking at a sellout if another 6,000 tickets were given away! Both clubs have similar home support but they benefit from more away supporters.

Maybe it's because of our recent success but across Wigan websites it's becoming increasingly noticeable our fans are making a nusience of themselves and embarrasing the club with constant berrating of Latics, it puts us in a bad light.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Mr realist I beg to differ. This website doesn't knock down the Latics fans... have a look on cocklatic website offtopib... every 2nd thread is about the rugby. It's a comical read. rlfans do not bother to mention the Tics any more as do we not.

The football supporters have the 'problem' not us.

Taken from cocklatic off topic forum thread listing:

'yet more evidence' (why does league exist?)
'sorry this deserved a main topic' - our playoff attendance
'6790'
i can go on...

http://www.cockneylatic.co.uk/forum/vie ... 8328ccab95

Not a mention of the 29 fans they took to Spurs that time eh...

voyeurs.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame