Mickey Mac

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Mickey Mac

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

He takes a fair amount if criticism from quite a few fans and although I don't agree with it completely I can see some people's points about him, having said that for what it is worth and credit where credit is due I personally thought he was awesome today, some of his hits were outrageous, work rate unbelievable and looked more creative with ball in hand. Well done MM good time to hit some form.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Re: Mickey Mac

Post by cpwigan »

Team looked better without Deacs. Mickey Mac had a good game.
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

McIllorum and Lockers were responsible for literally battering the Catalan players into submission. Ferocious stuff and more of that next Saturday please.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
mickh

Post by mickh »

I had Micky Mac as man of the match if that what playing for the full match can do to his game instead of rotating off the bench, bring it on, he seemed to be really enjoying the game.
On another aside, what was the Catalans No. 26 playing at? He completely lost it in the 2nd half head hunting and the like, if someone sledged him, he certanly took the bait
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

A cracking game from Mickey Mac....Well played young man, as stated his defence was painfully good, and made excellent yards forward on attack!!!

Keep up the great work
Matt
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I've always rated him, I did think we looked a bit slower around the PTB when he was on BUT from what I've heard about him yesterday (I couldn't watch the game) he is hitting some form, I've always said it's between him and Lockers who hit the hardest. And lets not forget we were champions last year with Tommy at 7.....
Up The Mont!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

If i were coach id have a sprinting coach come in to work with mickey, i think he is half a yard of pace away from being a truely class player. He see's gaps like roby but he just lacks that lil bit of pace to break from that first line.

one thing you can say about him, he never takes a backward step he is as tough as they come!, ever notice in games nearly everyone including props give him a wide berth!. yet for all his toughness he is a pretty clean player i dont recall him giving too many penalties away (no doubt a phil clark-esq stat man will now prove me wrong)

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The think about MM is that the hooker game has changed recently and to compete you need someone fast off the mark. All the top teams have done this, this year, Lou Lou for us, Roby, Monaghan and Robinson for the other top 4.

This is why i think Mickey is looking slow and why is not as effective. Hookers were there to mainly win the scrum, and act as dummy half, but now they need more skills.

I like having Mickey in the team as he is solid and a good tacker, but would prefer if he just had a position in the pack and have Tommy at 9 and a reserve like Logan.

By the way, i thought he had a great game yesterday, but as a pack player.

Locker's #1 fan

Post by Locker's #1 fan »

First Try Tickle wrote:The think about MM is that the hooker game has changed recently and to compete you need someone fast off the mark. All the top teams have done this, this year, Lou Lou for us, Roby, Monaghan and Robinson for the other top 4.

This is why i think Mickey is looking slow and why is not as effective. Hookers were there to mainly win the scrum, and act as dummy half, but now they need more skills.

I like having Mickey in the team as he is solid and a good tacker, but would prefer if he just had a position in the pack and have Tommy at 9 and a reserve like Logan.

By the way, i thought he had a great game yesterday, but as a pack player.
How about Locker's to 6, Tommy to 9 with Logan, MM to 13?, then bring in another Prop and a Centre
Tee Hee Hee
markill

Post by markill »

NO to lockers to 6!

Mickey Mac has been poor for the second half of the season mainly in his distribution for potb - but losing his starting place and coming into a team part way through a game thats already established a few things he wasn't part of contributes to that i feel.
Looked brilliant early in the year when starting games and that got him in england train on squad. Played that way again yesterday. Great to see.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod