A change to Summer RL in the amateur ranks

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Panchitta Marra

A change to Summer RL in the amateur ranks

Post by Panchitta Marra »

http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/sport/arl ... Path=sport

Some players don’t see the point of playing what are basically friendly matches in the mini-league until the season kicks off properly later this year.
Nezza Faz

Re: A change to Summer RL in the amateur ranks

Post by Nezza Faz »

IIRC the pro's also played out a mini-season when they switched Super League to a Summer season.

Hopefully, in time the amateur game is able to develop & gain extra players/teams & add to the numbers our game needs in order to expand.

There have been signs with the spread of amateur Conference sides throughout the UK (especially,I think,in London & the South) playing in Summer over the last few years.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:http://www.timesandstar.co.uk/sport/arl ... Path=sport

Some players don’t see the point of playing what are basically friendly matches in the mini-league until the season kicks off properly later this year.
I'm currently playing in this competition for my home team Lowca and to be honest with you, as players we just wanna play Rugby, it's all the old heads who didn't want to switch to Summer to begin with that are kicking up a fuss, I may only be an amatuer player but I look after myself like pro's do as much as I can, all my week is a build up to the next game, we all just wanna play RL. The July/August break in the middle of the season next year for lads to go on 'holidays' is a joke imo though.

Oh and Seaton aren't in crisis it's just people kicking up a fuss cause they didn't have too many at training one week.
Up The Mont!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Too many ex-pro's at Seaton.
Would like to see the younger players get a run out in the first team.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the change is a good one
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:I coach an u11s team
What team do you coach TEW ?

I coach the under 10's at St Cuthberts.

Can't see much difference in the change really.

now its Sept-Nov , Mar-Jun

next year its Mar-Nov, with a break in July & August.

:conf:
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think the season stops for the summer holidays, but as these seem to change within areas think it will be more like 7-8 weeks.

I used to coach with Mike, when our sons where in the Under 8's. When he moved up i stayed with my son as U8. We are both not to keen to play so much during summer as we used to have some good camping weekends with the families.

Should be down yours on the 5th Nov but I'm at Wembley for the England match the day before so will be missing.