So sorry for Ben Cross

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
OJ

So sorry for Ben Cross

Post by OJ »

Poor guy has broken his arm again, terrible news for the guy. Hope it wasn't as a result of trying to help us out. Good luck for the future Ben - sorry to see you go - best of luck in the future
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kiwiseddon

Re: So sorry for Ben Cross

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I never thought the four weeks was gonna be enough to heal properly.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
GBH

Post by GBH »

I wish he was stopping with us as anybody willing to take to the field with a bust arm has a heart of a lion! and truly deserves to wear the Cherry and White!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

GBH wrote:I wish he was stopping with us as anybody willing to take to the field with a bust arm has a heart of a lion! and truly deserves to wear the Cherry and White!
And especially in his situation, having only come to us late on having had a c**p time over the hills and knowing he is off to Wignes for next season. Yet still risks a major injury by wanting to play 4 weeks after breaking his arm! :eusa2: :eusa2: Good luck to you mate in the future and thanks.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Why was the lad even considered to play within 4 weeks of what was considered a bad break in his arm requiring surgery.
Where is the duty of care.

As someone has already noted, Ben Cross has proven he has a big heart to attempt to play and I concur, but there's also the stupidity to consider in putting youreself forward for selection with such an injury.

I have taken to the bloke, he certainly wasnt the thug I initially thought he would be, just a no nonsense forward prepared to do his graft.

Thanks for the work you have put in for Wigan RLFC, and the very best of luck for your future.
BigJeffLima

Post by BigJeffLima »

Such bad news :/
Thanks alot ben
botica

Post by botica »

What a guy, just hope his run out for us hasn't hampered his recovery for next season too much. Wish he was staying put too. Well done Ben Cross and thank you so much.
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
BriH

Post by BriH »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Why was the lad even considered to play within 4 weeks of what was considered a bad break in his arm requiring surgery.

As someone has already noted, Ben Cross has proven he has a big heart to attempt to play and I concur, but there's also the stupidity to consider in putting youreself forward for selection with such an injury.

I have taken to the bloke, he certainly wasnt the thug I initially thought he would be, just a no nonsense forward prepared to do his graft.

Thanks for the work you have put in for Wigan RLFC, and the very best of luck for your future.
I think he had a scan before he played, and the bone looked like it had healed.
Jake

Post by Jake »

OJ wrote: Poor guy has broken his arm again, terrible news for the guy. Hope it wasn't as a result of trying to help us out. Good luck for the future Ben - sorry to see you go - best of luck in the future
So sorry to hear Ben Cross has broken his arm again.I wish him all the best at Widnes and would like to thank him for his time and commitment to the Wigan club.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

BriH wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Why was the lad even considered to play within 4 weeks of what was considered a bad break in his arm requiring surgery.

I think he had a scan before he played, and the bone looked like it had healed.
Cheers Marra, I wasnt aware of that before my post.