joel tomkins is he a centre

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
butt monkey

Re: joel tomkins waste of space

Post by butt monkey »

the winky one wrote:Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?!!!! :slee: :slee:
and so is wearing cherry coloured glasses :baaa:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

butt monkey wrote:
the winky one wrote:Isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?!!!! :slee: :slee:
and so is wearing cherry coloured glasses :baaa:

Ha Ha :tong1: :tong1:
Wigan Watcher

J Tomkins

Post by Wigan Watcher »

Do you think Joel is a centre. In my opinion his defence can be shocking at times and both at Wembley and against the snakes he was left lacking.

josie andrews

Re: J Tomkins

Post by josie andrews »

Already a thread on this topic - merged.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stegy

Post by stegy »

Well i think its about time i stopped comeing on here, never read as much bull crap in all my life. Yes after another great season we fell short and we are all gutted. But come on we always here how we should bring in our homm grown talent why ???????? so mindless prats can rip them apart because they are playing out of position, because the salary cap stops us bringing in a top class centre but then you don't want the club to bring in players do you !!!!!!. Joel Tompkins is one of the most committed player on our books along with the other local home grown lads and under the leadership of Shaune Wane playing in the second row i think the knockers will have to eat thier words. I'll still be at the grand finale on Saturday and will enjoy a great game of rugby league whilst wearing my WIGAN shirt with pride, i don't care who wins i'll enjoy my day and my beers.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

stegy wrote:Well i think its about time i stopped comeing on here,

Joel Tompkins is one of the most committed player on our books along with the other local home grown lads and under the leadership of Shaune Wane playing in the second row i think the knockers will have to eat thier words.
I underlined your only worthwhile comment. So after all that you actually agree centre is not his best position and he needs moving back to second row? :eusa17:

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
stegy

Re: joel tomkins is he a centre

Post by stegy »

Yeah yeah Butt Monkey so to have a go at the players who don't choose what position they play is ok is it. Wigan is my team but i know when we have been beaten by a better side on the day life goes on, there are far worse things happening in this world so stick your sarcasum like i said i'm still proud enough to turn up on Saturday wearing my WIGAN shirt with pride rant over i'm an adult.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

stegy wrote:Yeah yeah Butt Monkey so to have a go at the players who don't choose what position they play is ok is it. Wigan is my team but i know when we have been beaten by a better side on the day life goes on, there are far worse things happening in this world so stick your sarcasum like i said i'm still proud enough to turn up on Saturday wearing my WIGAN shirt with pride rant over i'm an adult.
And if you had bothered to read my first post on the subject you will know I practically said this any ways.

My point is that Joel filled in for a situation caused by Gleeson's failings. As for this being a long term positional change - I think not! (which you also agreed with)

As for being an "adult" lolz I have met a great many immature adults and you best pop off for another of your beers before you give yourself a coronary worrying about what others think

lewandeve

Post by lewandeve »

He's not a centre....but he's a good player in his correct position and he'll only get better

If you look at the seasons stats I bet most of the points against have been scored down that flank...it's a weak spot as he's not a centre....and that sides been targetted all year....the sooner we get a real centre the better....Charnley has suffered defensively because of this.

The best team won on Fri and the best team won on Sat...Saints played all the Rugby...Wigan tried to play a different way last night and it didn't work.

We still need so more 'Umph' in the forwards