Davico to be released?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Uncle Fester

Re: Davico to be released?

Post by Uncle Fester »

Just back from the match and word is we have signed another prop and Davico has been given an office job, the prop is in Aus at the moment with 12 months left on his contract.Any guesses.
Yes I Ate All The Pies !!!!
MH

Post by MH »

Just look who's getting past it, with guarenteed injury problems, that'll probably be him!
warriors

Post by warriors »

Uncle Fester posted:
Just back from the match and word is we have signed another prop and Davico has been given an office job, the prop is in Aus at the moment with 12 months left on his contract.Any guesses.
That has got to be bad.

Yes2day, i talked to Radz. He said, ' We dont no how long the injury will last. But from a guess, an what it looks like, he might be out for along time.'

He didn't say how long it would be, just mybe along time.

Dose anyone no who the new prop is then????
Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

Spoke to Danny S at the game today and he said something similar to Radz, that it doesn't look good at the moment. I know it makes good business and rugby sense to get Davico off the 20/20 but its harsh on an overseas player who actually seems to want to play (as someone has already said) rather than just picking up a pay cheque and then slinking back off home with a fat wad of cash in his pocket.

primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

Uncle Fester posted:
I have already posted you info about this on another thread, but just in case you missed it....

The lastest word in Warrington is that M.L has enquired into signing Leikvoll.

I always give it to you first like I did with Nat Wood!
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

God I hope its not Leikvoll, another injury prone prop forward. The favourite is BRYAN FLETCHER from South Sydney, a good player with a good attitude.

proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

He said yesterday though that the injury wasnt actually that bad and that he would only be out 6-8 weeks! Poor bloke probobly wishful thinking!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester »

I hope he is only out for a short time, had a chat with him at the London game and was well impressed with his attitude. I think he would have been a real asset to the side but the injury he’s got is usually a long time in healing.
proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

I thought it was really good of the injured players to stand in the crowd and watch the game. It just shows you how the players feel about the fans. I also thought it was really cute that Luke Davico had his own shirt car sticker in his car window lol :)
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Uncle Fester posted:
God I hope its not Leikvoll, another injury prone prop forward. The favourite is BRYAN FLETCHER from South Sydney, a good player with a good attitude.
If davico is out and we cant have smithy then fletch will do fine.

Good player.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE