Re: Grand Final.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

cpwigan wrote:I heard some bull pre match about how great the play off matches were. Apart from last week, the rest were a joke.

As far as I am concerned had we won the GF but not the League it would have cheapened a GF win. Leeds, how can they honestly feel like or call themselves champions?
Exactly, an sbolute joke, why do the RFL not listen to the fans?
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If SKY say jump Tony, the RFL say how high. The RFL do not give a toss about RL supporters.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:If SKY say jump Tony, the RFL say how high. The RFL do not give a toss about RL supporters.
Have they ever??

Said it before, they are only interested in lining their own pockets & the rest is to pay for all the jollies they have :sly:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

First 40 minutes was embarrasing when you consider it was a GF.
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

Never thought I would say this but, that final was a fraud without Warrington, they are far and away the best team in super league at the moment,worthy champions, which is what I will call them all next season.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

The best GF ever according to Hemmings,which just shows his mentality.So pleased Stains got stuffed again,and even though i dislike Ryan Bailey i was hoping he would give it to Wilkin when they were scuffling towards the end of the game.Brian Carney went down in my estimation by saying Leeds are the best team in SL.The best team finished top,no arguing about that.
ragman

Post by ragman »

What really p****d me off was Stevo saying that people who questioned the play-offs system didn't 'understand or love the game as much as us'. What an arrogant, self-obsessed gobshite.

Eddie Hemmings justifying the play-offs by saying it had been a 'really exciting game' was the clincher for me though.

We sold out RL soul to the devil when we accepted Murdoch's money to play summer rugby, and these two sycophantic Sky salesmen are so far up his arse that they can't see what's going on around them.

IL should lead the other top owners / chairmen in a Kerry Packer style rebellion against the Sky strangulation of our game, and put the decrepit old idiots at the RFL in their place at the same time.

I'm not a die-hard resistor of progress and change, but games being played and re-arranged at daft times to suit Sky, pathetic stunts like Magic weekends, the (surely) illegal salary cap, the stubborn and illogical insistence in trying to develop the game in stupid places at the expense of heartland areas, and the fact that Pinky and Murky are the public face of the game is killing the game.

Let's have a breakaway league of all the top teams and see how we can get our game back
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

kitt green warriors wrote:I enjoyed the match, wanted the whinos to win and they did, bonus!, I thought it was a good game.

Me too. Good close game, and Leeds played well and deserved the win. Burrow was excellent for his try and setting up the Hall try.

St helens, perennial losers.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
jobo

Post by jobo »

I eventually enjoyed it, when things turned Leeds way. Watched it using the red button on ref cam. Although I'm no lover of sky, this is a great innovation. Every thing the ref says you hear, even discussions with his touch judges, video ref, 4th official etc. Then there's a guy who sounds like he's from Lommerergreen, explains why the decision was given. It definitely made me have a bit more respect for the officials.
BriH

Post by BriH »

jobo wrote:I eventually enjoyed it, when things turned Leeds way. Watched it using the red button on ref cam. Although I'm no lover of sky, this is a great innovation. Every thing the ref says you hear, even discussions with his touch judges, video ref, 4th official etc. Then there's a guy who sounds like he's from Lommerergreen, explains why the decision was given. It definitely made me have a bit more respect for the officials.
I thought it was a very good Final - so there.

Ref red button was great.

Also, I was watching the RU World Cup (bits of) and they had a parallel red line on the screen to show whether a pass was forward - brilliant idea.

Can we have these on Sky next year please?