England Knights

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
i'm spartacus

England Knights

Post by i'm spartacus »

Great game for Josh Charnley, two tries and he was also the designated goal kicker :o He did well though including a couple of touchline efforts. Richie Myler was man of the match and it must have been his dad who was picking it. He was less than sparkling for me and threw some really wayward passes including a couple directly into touch.
josie andrews

Re: England Knights

Post by josie andrews »

I thought it was a great game for the young lads seeing as they were playing a full international side!

No way was Myler MOM!!! Westward, Houghton or Charnley IMO

Well done to all our young lads from Wigan who I thought were exceptional :D

But then I'm a tad biased :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Everyone sees things differently & have their own opinions :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Goulding offers to quit

France coach tenders resignation after defeat by Knights

France coach Bobbie Goulding has offered to resign following his side's 38-18 defeat by England's second-string Knights.

Goulding dropped the bombshell moments after the defeat at Leigh Sports Village in what could hardly be worse timing for the French national side.

They are due to face England's senior team in Avignon in just six days and have other internationals lined up against Scotland and Ireland before the end of the month.

The former St Helens and Great Britain scrum-half blamed the shock offer on a rift between the governing body and Super League club Catalan Dragons.

Goulding said the Dragons, who provided all but four of the players in his17-man squad for Saturday's game, had put unreasonable demands on their players, placing them in an extremely difficult position.

"I've just been in and had a chat with Herve the secretary of the Federation and I've asked him to consider me finishing," Goulding told reporters after the match.

Awful

"It's up to the Federation now, I'll step down if they want me to. There's too much (friction) between the Catalans and the French Federation and it's not fair on the boys.

"They are caught in the middle, with the Catalan Dragons saying don't do this, don't do that and the boys don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

"They are in an awful position and that's all I care about. I'm a players' coach and I'll always be a players' coach."

The coach's offer was immediately relayed back to Federation president Nicolas Larrat in France but no response is anticipated before Sunday.

Larrat has been a big supporter of Goulding since he was appointed as the successor to Australian John Monie after the 2008 World Cup.
Asked if he expects to be in charge against England next Friday, Goulding said: "There's a big chance I won't be. It's not up to me. I've told them what I think should happen.

"I've loved every single minute of my job. I've tried my best. C'est la vie. I've got a lovely wife and four lovely kids who I want to spend more time with."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,15314_7243813,00.html
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry.pie wrote:Lets just stick to things we agree on, like Josh Charnley being awesome! :D
I agree with you there :wink: :)
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cherry.pie wrote:Bobbie Goulding embracing the French spirit and waving the white flag I see!
:lol: :lol:
i'm spartacus

Post by i'm spartacus »

I also thought Westwood had a good game, some really good breaks and very strong defensive hits.
doc

Post by doc »

Westwood mom for me.

Josh did well to get his two tries (both from crossfield kicks) considering all our attack went down the opposite wing.

Getting off the car park was a nightmare with only 2000 fans there, so god knows what it will be like for the Wales game if they get a decent crowd. Why didn't they drop the bollards and allow people off at the back of the complex through the housing estate to ease congestion? I noticed several stewards returning to their cars after the game which they had parked on the estate behind LSV.