AMOR TO CAPTAIN CUMBRIA AGAINST KNIGHTS

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

AMOR TO CAPTAIN CUMBRIA AGAINST KNIGHTS

Post by josie andrews »

Amor recently signed for the Wildcats on a permanent deal from Leeds Rhinos following his successful loan spell at the Rapid Solicitors Stadium and this Saturday he will proudly captain the Cumbrian’s against the new Knights squad full of some of the best young English talent around.

The powerful prop says it will be a proud moment when he walks out at the head of the Cumbrian line of players following hot on the heels of his Irish debut in the defeat to Scotland last weekend.

“I’m massively honoured by it,” he said.

“I’m still pretty young and I hope to lead the team by actions rather than words. Many of the players will have played a lot more games than me.

“Obviously I’ll have a few words to say but nothing more than I would do for any normal game.

“If we win at the weekend, that’s the ideal situation, but for me it’s about competing. It’s also a chance for me to play with some of my mates, like Scott McAvoy, who have helped me get so far in my career.”

“It will be a great test for us,” said Knights head coach Kieran Purtill.

“They’re very passionate about Rugby League in Cumbria and they’re very passionate about playing for their team. It’s great for the sport up there and I hope the crowd will come out in support like they normally do.

“I spoke to a few of the lads who played in the England game last year and they’ve all said that it was a very physical game. You don’t get the chance to play against England all the time so we know they’ll be pumped up and ready to go for it.”

Tickets for Saturday’s game cost £12 for adults, £6 concessions and £3 children, and can be purchased at the turnstile on the day.

http://wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/amo ... /2011/10/?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan