Tommy Warns Of England Threat

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Tommy Warns Of England Threat

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors hooker Thomas Leuluai will link up with his Kiwi team mates on Monday as New Zealand arrive in the UK for the start of the Gillette Four Nations tournament.

Tommy missed the Tasman warm up clash against Australia last weekend in Newcastle, Coach Stephen Kearney deciding not to fly him around the world for the one off clash which the Kiwis lost 42-6.

Since Wigan's season came to an end in the Play-Offs Tommy has been keeping fit by working out with Russ Meadows from RM Fitness in Wigan.

While Australia will be no doubt the bookies favourites to reach and win the Final at Elland Road next month the Kiwis are the holders of the competition after a sensational win down under 12 months ago.

Looking ahead to the Tournament Warriors hooker Thomas Leuluai also believes England on home soil will also be a huge threat,

"It's a good-looking England team," he said

"Their strength has always been in the forwards - their pack is most probably one of the best going around - and there's a few new guys in there.

"The selection of Rangi Chase is a talking point and I must admit I was very surprised but New Zealand can't talk, we've done the same in the past.

"I'm not making any stupid comments. I wouldn't say I agree with him but I can understand why he's done it.

"It's a chance to play international football and you can't blame him for that. He's a good player, he's been awesome this year.

"I really enjoyed playing with him and I wish him all the best."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan