HELP Needed For Friday 25/2/05

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
trotski_tgwu

HELP Needed For Friday 25/2/05

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Hi all, Can anyone help me out? My daughter & i are coming down for the game on 25/02/05. Could any warriors fans tell me of any good B&B's in Wigan as its a long drive home to Glasgow after the game. Its her birthday on the 27th so this is a surprise along with a few others when we get back down to Wigan.
Hope some one can help us out Thanks in advance.
:eusa10:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

GeoffN

Re: HELP Needed For Friday 25/...

Post by GeoffN »

There are loads, and most within reasonable walking distance from the ground. What sort of budget?
Friends of mine have stayed at the Maple Hotel, in the town centre, in the past, and found it very good value.

http://www.accommodation-online.co.uk/l ... bb12.shtml

Have you got tickets? I've got 2 spare season tickets for that game if you're interested (the owners are away on holiday)
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Thank you GeoffN, thats a big help & yes we both have season tickets. As for the budget its low lol.

Karl Marx

GeoffN

Re: HELP Needed For Friday...

Post by GeoffN »

No problem! I suggest you book somewhere in advance though, most of them are fairly small places - and such an exciting tourist resort as Wigan fills up very quickly, especially on a match night!

Do you get to all the home games, then? Guess so, if you've got season tickets.
Glad to see you setting an example in travelling so far for the games! Some people I know won't even go to away games if they're further than Warrington!
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Premier lodge at orrell is about two mile from the ground. I think its referred to as wigan east.
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
LiL_WaRrIoR

Post by LiL_WaRrIoR »

erm i think theres a travell lodge or something like that just in standish isnt there? next to the charmley arms (excuse my spelling.........not quite sure how thats spelt!!)
Wigan till i die!
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Thanks Tricky dicky & Little warrior. GeoffN we just got our season ticket this year but iv been following Warriors for a few years now. We got to a lot of games last year about half of the home ones & we even managed an away one at Warrington lol. We also went to CC Final & the Grand Final. See what happens when you get fed up with borring Scottish footie & start watching somethings thats fast and exciting, Well at times lol. I hope to get fixed up with something soon But it looks like the WIFE want to come now as well :eusa17:

Karl Marx

Wight Pie

Post by Wight Pie »

Try calling Wigan Tourist Information Office on 01942 825677 as they have the numbers of some of the smaller B&Bs as well.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

thanks wight pie for that number i will give them a call. :)

Karl Marx

proud_pie_eater

Post by proud_pie_eater »

Its not a busy time of year especially for Wigan so I dont think you should have too much trouble fitting in somewhere. GOOD LUCK!
NUMBER 1 SPOT HERE WE COME!!!