(4 Nations) Wembley a success?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
enterprisecranes

(4 Nations) Wembley a success?

Post by enterprisecranes »

I was disapointed with the attendance at last sat double header and feel we need to do more to fill all those empty seats.Im aware 43000 turned up.However after watching it on tv far to many empty seats.Not a good advert for our great game.To make matters worse the seating direttly across from the camera mostly in view were empty.NOT the best.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: (4 Nations) Wembley a success?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

me and my mate were really worried during the wales game that there was too many empty seats, granted it filled up a lil for england but the problem was the corporate section there was hardly anyone in that
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Where else could you fit 42,000 people during the football season. I think thats a very good attendance and alot more than i expected. I agree about the camera position, but its like that with football matches, even though the corporate section is full, there's still no attmopshere or colour.

I also thought the atmosphere during the match was great, don't know how it sounded on TV but really enjoyed it there. A great view as well and all for £10 a ticket. Pity the beer was £4.50.

Pity we have to hold the final at a dump like elland Road. Its full of stanctions that spoil your view.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

First Try Tickle wrote:Where else could you fit 42,000 people during the football season. I think thats a very good attendance and alot more than i expected. I agree about the camera position, but its like that with football matches, even though the corporate section is full, there's still no attmopshere or colour.

I also thought the atmosphere during the match was great, don't know how it sounded on TV but really enjoyed it there. A great view as well and all for £10 a ticket. Pity the beer was £4.50.

Pity we have to hold the final at a dump like elland Road. Its full of stanctions that spoil your view.
Man City weren't at home last weekend. We could have played there and filled it to the rafters. I think it's 47,000 capacity, but the atmosphere would have been much better. We've played the Aussies there before.

yoda warrior

Post by yoda warrior »

The atmosphere was great and the attendance was decent i thought. All the reports from the players are that it was a great experience even with the empty seats. I would love to see the world cup final there. Book it now and get the tickets on sale with some decent promotion, it would be fantastic.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We must maintain the Wembley test scenario year in year out. I thought the attendance was reasonable and non RL fans were talking about the quality of the game rather than empty seasts.
enterprisecranes

Post by enterprisecranes »

[quote="First Try Tickle"]Where else could you fit 42,000 people during the football season. I think thats a very good attendance and alot more than i expected. I agree about the camera position, but its like that with football matches, even though the corporate section is full, there's still no attmopshere or colour.

£10 a seat ,lucky you we payed £45 as we didnt purchase them early enough.We five travelled by car .£110 petrol .£22 Carparking. Chicken and chips x5 £44.50. drinks £80.

The point Im making is.Wembley has no equal. But this trip is bloody expensive after all the other venues.I can afford it ,but obviously a lot cant so is there another option .
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

The thing with Wembley is the official stuff costs a lot.

Us 5 paid £10 a ticket. The diesel cost us £50 and the parking on the industrial estate next to the official car park was £10, and we got to the M1 in 7 minutes.

Burger and chips outside was £6 and we managed to smuggle pop and crisps into the stadium. I know the beer is expensive, but when your with kids then its not a beer fest, and if it was we would have drunk from cans outside.

If its planned well in advance, like for the world cup final in 2013 then they could fill it.

All in all for the 5 of us it cost about £25 each, for that we went to an amazing stadium, saw 2 internationals in great seats and had a really good day out.

Plus there were loads of londoners, good to promote the game there instead of staying up north.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

yes it was a success and anyone who thinks otherwise should face reality that we are living in bad times with jobs and money and 43k on is a good crowd and it was a decent atmosphere, infact it was a better atmosphere than some football games that have been there.
wembley deffinately needs international games every year if the sport is going grow. 40% of ticket sales was from london postcode so it was a success.
IN WANE WE TRUST
markill

Post by markill »

Throughout the Wales game i was sceptical but i think all in all it was a success. The chants they piped in through the speakers seemed desparate during the Wales game but helped get the fans chanting during England game. It helped that the team played pretty well and the game was close and all fans of all teams could unite against the referee!

It was good to speak to southerners and midlanders on the train who don't get to see as much live RL as we do but still have a great passion for the game.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod