Warriors Internationals To Wear Poppy With Pride

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Warriors Internationals To Wear Poppy With Pride

Post by josie andrews »

England take on New Zealand at the KC Stadium on Saturday evening with a place in the Gillette Four Nations Final at stake and players from both sides will proudly wear poppies in their shirts as a mark of respect for Remembrance Day.

Speaking earlier in the week Full Back Sam Tomkins said:

"I will be wearing my poppy with pride on Saturday, as will all the England players. We have worn poppies on our England jerseys for the last few years and it is entirely the right thing to do.

"Remembrance Day is very special and it is important that everyone does what they can do to support this very worthy cause. As sportsmen, we are often portrayed as heroes, but the real heroes are the servicemen and women who have been involved in conflicts past and present."

Kiwi Thomas Leuluai added:

"It means a lot to me and all of us. We are proud to be wearing poppies on our jerseys this weekend. It is important for us to acknowledge those who suffered for us in the past whenever we can. Remembrancs Day is one of those times."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan