Apologies McNamara (for now)

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Apologies McNamara (for now)

Post by ancientnloyal »

Due to the recent decent performances by England against Australia and New Zealand I would like to eat my hat as I was negative towards what our performances would be like saying that we're basically going to get battered - which we have not.

Glad to be proven wrong and happy to own up.
Still... Chase shouldn't be in the England squad. :sly:
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
josie andrews

Re: Apologies McNamara (for now)

Post by josie andrews »

I hold my hand up too, but I don't think the way the lads are playing is solely down to McNamara.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:I hold my hand up too, but I don't think the way the lads are playing is solely down to McNamara.
Bitcon?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the coach has to take some credit but internationally British RL from academy to senior has improved it's approach significantly.

Let's not count our chickens yet though, we have a final v the best to come. NZ IMO have been poor and either their depth is not what we think but perhaps they could have selected better to replace missing players. Nonetheless, England beat and beat well what was put in front of them and we have several top quality players to represent us.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I hold my hand up too, but I don't think the way the lads are playing is solely down to McNamara.
Bitcon?
That was my first thought :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Yes I know the coaching staff have done well not just McBanana just I was very critical.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I still can't stand him and really need to deal with myself.

can somebody tell me how heighington is in this team?
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Agreed.....How is Heighington or whatever his name is in the squad??? He offers nothing!!, and is often shrugged off a tackle!!

Matt
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

I was critical of McNamara but I'm not going to apologise because I believe that the Squad is a lot better with regards to talent than the shower he picked last year i.e. Jack Reed over Atkins any day. It's the players that have done it.

With regards to Heighington I agree and to be honest if Ellis is fit i'd drop Heighington out of the 17 and play Wilkin at 13. We have to keep 2 props on the bench.

Looking forward to seeing Lockyer play in person for the first time ever and the last time ever.
Up The Mont!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Heightington (sp) is a lot better than people give him credit for. I think Ben westwood has done very well as his fitness returns. Graham has been solid too.

At the highest level, the amount of creative, flair RL is very limited and we have been able to match the opposition in terms of effort and endeavour. We even played with far more flair v a very poor Kiwi team.